Lexus CT200h Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi, I am proud new owner. I am also new to this forum. I bought my CT200h last week and have been trying to find a replacement for the dog tail antenna. I found this thread and bought the 1.75" Mini Cooper Carbon fiber antenna recommended in this thread. The issue I have is that none of the adapters that came with the package I bought fit the Ct200h. I am wondering if you bought a "stud" or other adapter elsewhere. The ebay seller said he does not have an adapter for the CT200. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
60 Posts
I have the same antenna and had the same problem, but one of the included adapters does work. Just screw it into the antenna first, but not all the way tightened and then screw it into the car. It then tightens all the way into the car without any gaps. It looks and works just fine. Hope that helps, I'm not sure which adapter it was of the four , but one definitely will work.

· Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Jennjay. I only got three adapters and that may be the problem. I tried all three, and the only one that seems to fit has a different thread. Thanks

I have the same antenna and had the same problem, but one of the included adapters does work. Just screw it into the antenna first, but not all the way tightened and then screw it into the car. It then tightens all the way into the car without any gaps. It looks and works just fine. Hope that helps, I'm not sure which adapter it was of the four , but one definitely will work.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hope someone can help me out here.
I also have hard time to install it (the instruction basically describes nothing).
Here are all the accessories in the package.

It seems the antenna is same size as the hole on the car. However none of the adapters have the same size for both end. (That being said I screw those adapters either into the car or the antenna but failed to screw to the other side).

Attachments

· Registered
609 Posts
Hope someone can help me out here.
I also have hard time to install it (the instruction basically describes nothing).
Here are all the accessories in the package.

It seems the antenna is same size as the hole on the car. However none of the adapters have the same size for both end. (That being said I screw those adapters either into the car or the antenna but failed to screw to the other side).
I had the same problem with my old car. If you are sure that it is the same size for your car and antenna, just take your antenna to home depot and find a matching long screw. Then you just have to cut off the head.

Or you could superglue the smaller end into your antenna.

· Registered
842 Posts
I had the same problem with my old car. If you are sure that it is the same size for your car and antenna, just take your antenna to home depot and find a matching long screw. Then you just have to cut off the head.

Or you could superglue the smaller end into your antenna.
Most real hardware stores (no, not Home Depot) have threaded rods in all sizes that are either different lengths, or can be cut to length by them. Almost all towns have one or two real hardware stores around somewhere.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.