Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a really annoying intermittent issue with my CT200, it's a 2012 model and I am in the UK.

When I press the engine start button all the lights on the dash light up but then with repeated presses the Ready light doesn't come on and they care doesn't switch off either. I have to continue to try pressing the start button numerous times and then the car will switch off and then cycle through the above process again for the next 5 minutes. Finally after about 5 minutes of trying the car will then start up.

I took the car to a mechanic to check the 12V battery and they tested it and confirmed that it is still at 87% so looks like its not a batter problem. I have asked Lexus dealer as well and they couldn't diagnose it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

It is so annoying I am thinking of selling the car if I can't resolve this issue.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd still say replace the 12V battery or at least put one of those jumper batteries on it and see if the problem goes away. These cars do all kinds of crazy things when the 12V battery fails and it's an easy thing to try.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there anyone else near you with another key fob?

I couldn't start my car because someone with a Prius key fob was sitting next to me. Similar kinds of symptoms. Took a while for it to start. A much longer time to figure out the cause.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts