Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
There aren't any direct replacements due to the unusual size. There are some Asian brand radios available on Alibaba. Some have had success, many haven't (including me). If you want to go with a reputable company it can be done but it's a custom job with some cutting of dash materials.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There aren't any direct replacements due to the unusual size. There are some Asian brand radios available on Alibaba. Some have had success, many haven't (including me). If you want to go with a reputable company it can be done but it's a custom job with some cutting of dash materials.
Guess custom fit gotta be the way than 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
655 Posts
Ya, i eventually figured out with the help of someone on this forum that there were wiring errors in the wiring harness. The + and - for the right from speaker were reversed and the back two speakers were the correct polarity but flipped. The fact that I installed two and they were both that way shows that it was definitely the harness. Guess that's what you would expect from China with literally no QA. I could have fixed that easy enough but what was a deal breaker for me was a software error related to playing off the USB drive, which is my primary method. I eventually put the OEM stereo back in. Oh well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya, i eventually figured out with the help of someone on this forum that there were wiring errors in the wiring harness. The + and - for the right from speaker were reversed and the back two speakers were the correct polarity but flipped. The fact that I installed two and they were both that way shows that it was definitely the harness. Guess that's what you would expect from China with literally no QA. I could have fixed that easy enough but what was a deal breaker for me was a software error related to playing off the USB drive, which is my primary method. I eventually put the OEM stereo back in. Oh well.
you wouldn’t happen to still have that head unit would you? Btw, thanks for all your speaker write ups!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts