Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
There aren't any direct replacements due to the unusual size. There are some Asian brand radios available on Alibaba. Some have had success, many haven't (including me). If you want to go with a reputable company it can be done but it's a custom job with some cutting of dash materials.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There aren't any direct replacements due to the unusual size. There are some Asian brand radios available on Alibaba. Some have had success, many haven't (including me). If you want to go with a reputable company it can be done but it's a custom job with some cutting of dash materials.
Guess custom fit gotta be the way than 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
I installed chinese android unit. Works perfect. Leonar, you had the problem of no sound on one side right??

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ya, i eventually figured out with the help of someone on this forum that there were wiring errors in the wiring harness. The + and - for the right from speaker were reversed and the back two speakers were the correct polarity but flipped. The fact that I installed two and they were both that way shows that it was definitely the harness. Guess that's what you would expect from China with literally no QA. I could have fixed that easy enough but what was a deal breaker for me was a software error related to playing off the USB drive, which is my primary method. I eventually put the OEM stereo back in. Oh well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ya, i eventually figured out with the help of someone on this forum that there were wiring errors in the wiring harness. The + and - for the right from speaker were reversed and the back two speakers were the correct polarity but flipped. The fact that I installed two and they were both that way shows that it was definitely the harness. Guess that's what you would expect from China with literally no QA. I could have fixed that easy enough but what was a deal breaker for me was a software error related to playing off the USB drive, which is my primary method. I eventually put the OEM stereo back in. Oh well.
you wouldn’t happen to still have that head unit would you? Btw, thanks for all your speaker write ups!

·
Registered
10 Posts
you wouldn’t happen to still have that head unit would you? Btw, thanks for all your speaker write ups!
I have one that I would like to sell. I bought it in Jan 2019 from AliExpress and finally got around to installing it today with a friends' help. We could not get the right front speaker to work and went back to the stock stereo. Let me know if you're interested. When I get back home, I can take pictures.

Dave

·
Registered
670 Posts
Read above, if that's all that is wrong with yours, all you have to do is swap the + and - on the right speaker and it should work. Amazing that they still haven't fixed this and it seems to be that way on all of them...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Read above, if that's all that is wrong with yours, all you have to do is swap the + and - on the right speaker and it should work. Amazing that they still haven't fixed this and it seems to be that way on all of them...
Interesting - I'll check it out then & give it another shot. Thank-you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, I swapped the +/- wires on the harness for the front right speakers (gray and gray w/black stripe on the harness wiring) and soldered them. After install, the front right speakers are still not functioning. I left the deck in to see if I will get used to having just the left in the front but I have a feeling that I will be putting the stock head unit back in.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
Dude, its not the wire. You need to telematics unit that was on top of the original head unit. The right front speaker passes through telematics unit because the SOS audio is sent through the right front speaker. There was nothing wrong with your aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
Put the wires back the way it was, take that little box off of the original head unit. Double side tape it on top of the new head unit. Plug in the harness for telematics. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
Look for this guys post from Jan 2019. He never figured this out and gave up. He got a replacement thinking it was defect and now he's on here giving bunk advice and has you soldering wires and ****😆.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the guidance on this. I'll swap the +/- back on the right front speaker and add the Telematics module. Do I plug in all 3 of the cables or just the primary harness (white) as shown in the picture?

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
81 Posts
I only plugged in the large connector or the right. The other two are so that big brother can track your car in case of theft and non payment. Seriously though, plug them all in unless they plug into the new head unit. I can't remember if one of them gets plugged in to the head unit or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts