Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from work today and my car was on. I don't drive it on a daily basis and the car has been sitting for three days off. The key fab was inside my house. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

It kinda freaked me out.

The service tech just said to bring it in tomorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't heard of that but recently the car was on the drive tight against the house and the keys were inside on the stairs not 3metres distant and I couldn't leave the car locked when I went out in the other car. So I had to take the keys with me to increase the distance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
So wait, the car stays running indefinitely? Till it runs outta gas?
Hybrid is no difference than gas engine. If you DON't turn it off, it will just stay ON!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah, I get that. It's just that it would seem like a security feature that when you're outta certain range with the key fob, the engine should shut off. Don't you think?
No, why would they do that? That would be more of an annoyance than a feature. Make sure your car is turned off before exiting. I don't think that's too hard of a task.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.