Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Sorry if I am posting this incorrectly, but my problem is exactly what is stated in the title.

Ct200h 2012
46000mile
(More info if needed)

I actually brought the car to the dealer for a checkup but they said its the uneven waring of the tires causing the shake. Not quite sold on this because they told me that I had about lv5 thread left on the wheels but they suggested me to replace them during my next oil service. Aside from the shaking, when turning right and having the wheel all the way there is a squeeking noise coming from the front left wheel. Doing the same thing on the opposite side doesn't cause any noise. Any idea to help or suggestions are welcome!

Stan

·
Registered
842 Posts
I had cupping on my OEM tires long before I had that many miles on my car. In fact, there was lots of tread on the tires, but I just bought a new set of tires and got an alignment. The alignment is only covered for a short time from new, so I think they are right and it is on your dime. New Michelins solved my similar problem immediately. As I said, I also got the car aligned, but although the dealer said it was needed, I peeked at the numbers and they were very close to the required settings. Suck it up and take the hit now, 46,000 is a lot of miles for a set of tires.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all,

Sorry if I am posting this incorrectly, but my problem is exactly what is stated in the title.

Ct200h 2012
46000mile
(More info if needed)

I actually brought the car to the dealer for a checkup but they said its the uneven waring of the tires causing the shake. Not quite sold on this because they told me that I had about lv5 thread left on the wheels but they suggested me to replace them during my next oil service. Aside from the shaking, when turning right and having the wheel all the way there is a squeeking noise coming from the front left wheel. Doing the same thing on the opposite side doesn't cause any noise. Any idea to help or suggestions are welcome!

Stan
I'd try rotating your tires, front to back. Also, make sure the wheel nuts are on tight. Also, it sounds a bit like a bad left front wheel bearing, but check the first two things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts