Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Sorry to say,you should hit P before turning it off. You two do it anyway you want. There must be a reason we have a park button.sorry you are too much in a hurry to touch two buttons.must take 2 extra seconds out of your day,what a same
Do you have any basis for this? I use the park button when I want to leave the car on, but keep it from moving. I.E. I'm at a drive-through and want to reach into my back pocket to grab my wallet, I don't want the car rolling forward and kick it into park for a bit.

If you have a real reason why we should put it in park just before hitting the power button, I'd like to know. I don't want to intentionally hurt the car just to save pressing one extra button. I just can't see any reason for it.

Why is this a 'shame'?

· Registered
239 Posts
So... I guess the CT moves a little more (once in park) than the average car based on the replies?

And for what it's worth, the guy at the dealer told me to just hit the Power button and the car will automatically park. That way I don't accidently leave the car on. (which I did once on a Prius rental).
Seems to move just as much as any other car with an automatic that I've owned, not more, not less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.