Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Every car will move an inch to two,unless you set parking brake.Maybe not an inch or two,but it will move

· Registered
205 Posts
My garage is fairly level and none of my prior cars moved. The CT moves...no joke! Maybe it's because I ALWAYS shut my car down w/out putting it in park, as it's not necessary to have to push 2 buttons.

Sorry to say,you should hit P before turning it off. All cars will move,shift or settle when putting in park.It's natural and and is due to tolerance between the Pawl and the gears.When shifted into park the Pawl moves in between the gears,the car will rock till pawl and gear have come to rest together.

Put your wife's car into park,get out and push on car.Car will move until pawl and gear have engaged with one another

· Registered
205 Posts
You two do it anyway you want. There must be a reason we have a park button.sorry you are too much in a hurry to touch two buttons.must take 2 extra seconds out of your day,what a same

· Registered
205 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
We are now on 3rd gen and the ECVT stands for electronic, which is involved with providing power to the stator winding which are similar to a solenoid or electromagnet --no voltage = no eletromagnetic field = no resistance. :eek: Also the clutch is electronic and is not engaged.
I'm aware of that,I wasn't able to find 3 rd gen transmission info . Both work similar

· Registered
205 Posts
When I parked my car today at work,I did it without hitting p button and the car moved more then it has in the past when I've parked .so, I will continue using the P button before shutting it down

· Registered
205 Posts
:confused::confused:

Extra Step - Not Necessary

Look at page 182 of your owners manual

Automatically P position selection function When the "POWER" switch is in ON mode while the shift position is in a position other than P and the vehicle is stopped completely, pressing the "POWER" switch will cause the automatically P position selection function to operate together with the "POWER" switch being turned to off
I can read and understand.but, what happens in real life dictates what I do. I used only the power button and the car rolled more then I've felt using both buttons . Maybe it was just a fluke, but hitting two buttons doesn't slow or bother me enough to care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.