Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 CT200H with ~122,000 miles

Sorry for the long post but this is strange.
I took the car to lunch on Wednesday 11/2 and when I came out, there was no power at all. No lights, door lock, anything. I guessed that the battery was dead so I walked over to a car repair shop next door and asked if they had a jump box. One of the techs followed me over to the car with the jump box but when I got back to the car (about 10 minutes later) and opened the door, lights came on and I could start the car. I drove it to the shop so they could test the battery and it was testing as bad so I was going to have them replace it.

Here is where the saga begins. The shop took the battery out but did not have the replacement. The only one they could find was at the nearest Toyota dealership so the manager drove over and got it. When he got back, he realized they did not give him the correct battery (posts were too large and on the wrong side) so I asked the shop to put the old battery back in, put the jump pack on the battery to start the car, and I would take it to Toyota to get the right battery and have it installed. This is where things get strange. Once they put the old battery back in and put the jump box on, the car would not do anything. I could not lock or unlock the doors with the key fob and when we tried to start the car, the message box said something like ?Depress the brake pedal and press the power button with the key?. We did that and nothing happened. I ran to a drug store next door and got a new battery for the key fob and still nothing. When I press the lock or unlock button on the fob the indicator light lights up so there is power there.

At this point, I ask the shop to go back to the Toyota dealer and get the correct battery and I call my wife to bring my spare key from the house (an hour away). The correct battery gets installed and my wife shows up with the spare key and at least the door locks are responding to the fob.

I get in the car, press the brake, and hit the power button. All the warning lights on the dash come on, the message display says ?Lexus Hybrid Drive? and then nothing happens after that. All the warning indictors stay lit, the radio comes on, the Bluetooth connects and works with my phone, but the gas engine never comes on and I cannot shift the car out of park. I called my local Lexus dealer and they were stumped. They asked to put a jump box on the battery and try it again but the results were the same. On Thursday 11/3 I had the car towed (that is a story in itself) to a Toyota dealer that was close as my road side assistance only allows 10 miles of towing and they had it for 8 hours and called me to tell me what I already knew, lights were coming on but nothing past that.

I am hoping someone here has seen this before and can help. Any suggestions are useful at this point. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hmm interesting one that is. Did the dealer read it for any error codes?
That would be the first thing to do. I hope you sort it out. Please let us know the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car repair place scanned for codes and nothing came up. The Toyota dealer thinks it is a transmission shift controller so they have that on order. I don't get how changing a battery breaks that and it does not explain why the key fob isn't recognized any longer but I will let the post know what happens. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the shift sensor went in and there is no change. I authorized the work and the part did not come in until the following Thursday 11/10. They installed it and the car did exactly the same thing as when I brought it in. Now we are in the same place but 10 days later and I still don't have a car. After pressing the service advisor, I got the following email:

Mr. Brock,
After preliminary diagnose, and installation of computer transmitter, we still no have output communication from the ID code box, we have to continue with possible smart key ECU, located behind dashboard. Dashboard must come out to be able to install this part. Coming to a cost of $2503.38
If this still not working will be need it to replace the smart key ECU $1097.09 for a total labor of $4296.46.

The person to contact will be Justin H. (I removed the last name) our Relation Customer Service Manager
Thanks

Edward A. (I removed the last name)
Service Advisor

Anyone think this is close to right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts