Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest printed August issue of CD pitted the Chevy Volt against the CT. Like most reviews on this model, the reviewer had negative comments on the speed. Besides calling it "Euro-weird", he stated "our low expectations for excitement were fulfilled. Even in sport mode, your fingernails will grow a half-inch during the quarter-mile."

Har, har, my vote for funniest review so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sure would like to see a review of a Corvette or Ferrari start out with "although this model only gets 9 mpg, it does not even have room for two bags of golf clubs".
How about reviewing a car to see if it does what it was designed to do?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Im surprised over the speed flames. I had an 550whp evo and a toyota avensis as "to work"-car before this one and I still feels this ct is quick and have good road handling.
Its not a track car, but if I would want a track race car I would have bought a track race car.
Naja, dont care really since im insanely happy over my ct, but im just a bit surprised that any professional reporter even write about acceleration when rewieving a car thats (in my eyes) are built for high MPG, low cost, comfort and luxury.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the part about 'once you factor in the $7,500 government rebate, the Volt is only a little more expensive than the Lexus'......

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I like the part about 'once you factor in the $7,500 government rebate, the Volt is only a little more expensive than the Lexus'......
Yeah, and the rebate is "up to" $7,500 and only if you qualify (I heard they only give so many rebates and if you buy too late in the model year, you might not get much, if anything).....that's what the Lexus dealer told me.

·
Registered
516 Posts
And, don't forget that in two or three years, when electric cars are all the norm, we will still have a car that gets great mileage and good resale (because it's a Lexus) and those who pay a premium now to dealers who charge it for a "Chevy"....will still only have a Chevy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts