Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't believe how good the mileage I"m getting is. I am showing in the average mile per gallon screen 52.3 all week long. In the one by itself, average miles per gallon (the running total), it shows 48.3 MPG
I know this car is rated at 43/40 but those numbers I'm getting are insane. I accelerate onto the highway in normal mode...then, when up to speed, I stick in in ECO mode the rest of the way. In face, it was a little better MPG when there is some traffic (because the traffic is slow moving but not much stopping, I use the battery only mode that kicks in up to about 43 MPH). Cruise a little on battery only and let off gas when traffic starts to stop (thus charging as I let off gas pedal all the way). I don't know who tested these cars when they put the MPG on the window sticker but it is much better than what they quote. And, I'm not driving slow...just taking foot off of gas pedal to make sure the needle stays towards the center of the blue dial.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree it's insanely awesome, I just cracked the 4.6l/100kms (51US Mpg) mark and that is city only driving under 70kmph (40mph) on my 5th tank of gas. Every tank has gotten better mileage. I think it is the break in period and also learning how to drive a hybrid - especially the pulse and glide method. I still don't get as good on the highway but will be on the raod this weekend and will see how I can do.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Believe it!! Our cars are AWESOME :D

On a slightly side note, has anyone casually inquired about what the resale of these are, as of right now? I wouldn't be surprised if these go on the used market for MORE then what we paid, to the right (desperate!) buyer of course...

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Since taking delivery 3/16 my wife has averaged 42.6 miles per US gallon

·
Registered
414 Posts
My overall average is 5.2 l/100km

·
Registered
200 Posts
The actual mileage is slightly less than the computer shows. The true test is by resetting your trip meter to zero then drive for 350 miles or so. Refill and and divide total miles by the gallons refilled. Probably come up around 48mpg, still an outrageous mileage making the car even better. Think about it, you fill up with 7-8 gallons for $30.00 rather than spending $75 for a 20mpg car with an 18 gallon tank. $45.00 stays in your pocket to spend on other things. A great feeling.
I tout the CT200h every chance I get. I still do not see any more on the road yet around here in Maryland.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The actual mileage is slightly less than the computer shows. The true test is by resetting your trip meter to zero then drive for 350 miles or so. Refill and and divide total miles by the gallons refilled. Probably come up around 48mpg, still an outrageous mileage making the car even better. Think about it, you fill up with 7-8 gallons for $30.00 rather than spending $75 for a 20mpg car with an 18 gallon tank. $45.00 stays in your pocket to spend on other things. A great feeling.
I tout the CT200h every chance I get. I still do not see any more on the road yet around here in Maryland.
I am saving at least $300/month over my previous Buick Enclave SUV gas hog. I drive a lot...about 60 miles roundtrip every M-F for work...loving it!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had a civic hybrid before so might be slightly more practiced

my drive to work is about 25km there and 25km back 2/3rds freeway

This week going to work I get 3.8L / 100km and coming home 4.3L / 100km must be more down hills going to work but I noticed this in the civic.

My tank average (still my first tank) is 5.2 but I have also been out playing :)

A question to everyone I am only approaching 800km now but has anyone worked out what km's you need to get to be fully run in and giving the best mpg ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is everyone driving on ECO or Normal to get these numbers? I seem to average 40-42mpg on Normal. I've never seen anything above 46.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is everyone driving on ECO or Normal to get these numbers? I seem to average 40-42mpg on Normal. I've never seen anything above 46.
I drive in ECO most of the time...yeah, yeah...I know...BORING! Once in awhile, I will put it in Sport Mode at a stoplight. I think the reason I'm doing so well is I figured out the method quite early in ownership of this hybrid. Gas it up (even if it goes into the POWER zone in white...get up to speed and then let your foot off until the EV green light comes on (must be doing about 43 MPH or less and have some battery reserve charged up)....it's all about the backing off of the gas pedal when up to speed.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I drive in ECO mode all the time. I don't average more than 42, and that's on a good day. Highest I've seen is 48 mpg. Southern California here.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a Prius 2010 with 17 oem wheels and I am getting around 45 Mpg but that was in the winter.

I want the Lexus really badly!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I drive in ECO mode all the time. I don't average more than 42, and that's on a good day. Highest I've seen is 48 mpg. Southern California here.
Hi Matt
What do you have your air con set to ?
There is a setting that says somthing like let Eco mode control the air con but I havent played with any of that yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
A question to everyone I am only approaching 800km now but has anyone worked out what km's you need to get to be fully run in and giving the best mpg ?
From Hybridcars.com:

Break-in Period

Give any hybrid a full six months and/or 10,000 miles to get broken in. The biggest impact occurs in the first 2,000 miles or so, and it may take as much as 15,000 to achieve peak mpg's. Hybrid owners commonly experience a 10-15% improvement in fuel economy after the new car smell has drifted away.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I don't use the air conditioner. I have my wheels inflated to 40 psi too. It was much worse when it was colder...Anyways, it's been cold here lately, so once it heats up, hopefully. Maybe it's a combination of the leather package (leather is much heavier than NuLuxe), gas mix here in Southern California, and the weather?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I'm currently at 7k miles.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I don't use the air conditioner. I have my wheels inflated to 40 psi too. It was much worse when it was colder...Anyways, it's been cold here lately, so once it heats up, hopefully. Maybe it's a combination of the leather package (leather is much heavier than NuLuxe), gas mix here in Southern California, and the weather?
Matt is that how high the psi runs on the tires of the CT.
It will be interesting when I get mine because I never have the AC off and even use it when I use the heater.

·
Registered
164 Posts
me too - dehumidifies the air
Same over here in the winter if you don't switch it on in two minuets you have beautiful white windows it's the humidity.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts