Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the CT 200H since Friday and for some reason i can not adjust the seat to where i'm comfortable driving in it.

so far i've adjusted it all the way up, all the way down, in the middle. reclined it back a little, reclined it all the way, moved it up to where i could stomp on the gas, moved it back to where i barely could touch the gas, etc so many different ways... and still could not find a good seating position... maybe it's the bucket seats.. who knows...

has anyone have this experience? any insight on how you came to your seating position.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thank God, I have not had that experience!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've had the CT 200H since Friday and for some reason i can not adjust the seat to where i'm comfortable driving in it.

so far i've adjusted it all the way up, all the way down, in the middle. reclined it back a little, reclined it all the way, moved it up to where i could stomp on the gas, moved it back to where i barely could touch the gas, etc so many different ways... and still could not find a good seating position... maybe it's the bucket seats.. who knows...

has anyone have this experience? any insight on how you came to your seating position.
I know at first I was adjusting the back seat angle a lot. Also the up and down of the seat bottom. The fore and aft are pretty easy - you have to get your right foot to feel the floor behind the brake pedal. I find if you get out of the car for a while, then get back in and feel the adjustments, you get a better idea of where to put them.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I ended up moving the seat forward a little more than I thought I should. This helped with the steering position and trying to at least use the left arm rest some while driving. Now I find myself using the plastic of the cup holder too as an arm rest. As Bold said you can stretch both feet back further in a little cut out behind the brake. I'm getting used to this somewhat, but wish the armrests were a little higher and wish we had the armrest extension they have in Japan for over the cup holder! It's always difficult changing to a new car.. we adapt over time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input!

·
Registered
205 Posts
New cars always takes some time to find correct seating . Have you lowered bottom seat and then tilted just the front of the bottom?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i actually did that and didn't feel comfortable, so right now my position is

the highest lvl for the seat, and tilted the bottom all the way down...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow. I can't imagine not being comfortable in the driver's seat. I've been telling friends that I wished Lexus made living room furniture. I'm 5'4" and have my seat all the way down & the lumbar set to max. I've tilted the seat bottom up for additional thigh support and I feel like I'm being cradled. Perhaps adjusting the steering wheel position would help you feel more comfortable? Good Luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow. I can't imagine not being comfortable in the driver's seat. I've been telling friends that I wished Lexus made living room furniture. I'm 5'4" and have my seat all the way down & the lumbar set to max. I've tilted the seat bottom up for additional thigh support and I feel like I'm being cradled. Perhaps adjusting the steering wheel position would help you feel more comfortable? Good Luck.
I agree. I find this seat much more comfortable than my Prius or even my Scion tC ever was. Cradled is definitely the word for it :)

Maybe it's more difficult for those taller folks to get comfortable in the seat...

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree. I find this seat much more comfortable than my Prius or even my Scion tC ever was. Cradled is definitely the word for it :)

Maybe it's more difficult for those taller folks to get comfortable in the seat...
I'm 6'1" and find the seats very comfortable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i was driving a BMW 3 series coupe... the current model, and the seats were very comfortable... so i guess this might just have some getting use to...

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I have the exact same setup! Really wish I had memory seats though. Really don't like when I bring my car to the dealer and the service guys adjust the seat positioning. :mad: Do you think they'd get upset if I requested that they don't touch the seat positioning?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have taken many long cruises 3hours plus and find the seats are great luv them

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i found a good seating position so far after a week of messing with it...

seat all the way up, incline the bottom seating tilted almost all the way down, incline the back backwards more then what i had in the previous car, and added just a little lumbar support.
i believe adding the lumbar support is what made it more comfortable, normally i never had to add lumbar support.

think this works for me till i feel an uncomfortable itch...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Holy Christ I hate that car...And you think its more comfortable than the CT!? Ohhhh boy.
I've never said this where Google can find me, but I traded in a 325 on a Scion xB because the SCION was so much more comfortable to me. :eek:

And it turns out that the CT200 is even more comfortable than a Scion xB!! Who knew? :p

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Wow, I had no idea the 3-series seats were that bad. Though I have never sat in one before.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, I had no idea the 3-series seats were that bad. Though I have never sat in one before.
mine was the 3 series current generation model,
and i would have to say they were the most comfortable.. had a thigh support...

·
Registered
20 Posts

Interesting, I am 6' 5" and I found the vehicle to be one of the most comfortable I have ever drove. The seats remind me of our leather seats we use for TV. I have yet to purchase the CT (looking for the right color), but I will say that the only car that came close to the comfort of these seats was in the 460 series. Quite different, but very comfy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts