Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it drain the car battery? Seems like it'll disconnect the power once the car switched off.
I'm plugging it with my gps in car

Thanks!

·
Registered
609 Posts
It doesn't have power when car is off, but you really shouldn't leave the GPS plugged in all the time. Even if your GPS is hidden, a potential thief will see that you have a cord running from your cig plug out to somewhere hidden and know that you have something (ipad, kindle, gps, etc) connected to it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree with lostchild, keep your possesions out of view including cords and cases. Thiefs are interested in smash and grabs when in parking lots and whatnot.

·
Registered
842 Posts
All true, but obviously, in your garage or any other safe place you can do whatever the heck you want to do since it will not hurt anything. But it also won't charge your phone unless the car is turned on, which would be a very bad idea.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Back to the original question, yes you can keep it plugged in. The car turns the 12 V accessory plug off when the car is off, so no worry about draining down the 12 V battery. As others have said whether you would want to do that is your own decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.