Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes,
I jumped over here from the my.is forums cuz I'm looking at a 2014 CT200H after I sell my IS350 (hopefully before month's end). Is anyone actually painting their calipers on the CT? I can't find any threads on here about it.

I want to start making caliper decals for the CT200H, but don't have a CT200H to measure from yet. If any of you are interested in doing a DIY, shoot me a PM.

Matt
(I hope this isn't against rules. if it is, please delete. I figured it would be ok since we do the my.is decals, I'm assuming these are owned by same group.)

·
Registered
383 Posts
No one should ever paint OEM calipers. EVER.
uh oh...care to share why? I did on my Scion xB. I doubt I would on the CT but you never know, I might get the bug to do it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
No one should ever paint OEM calipers. EVER.

What color car should I have bought? I forgot to consult with you, but I see that I probably should have. Please advise me immediately since I am considering trading up soon and you are obviously the sole arbiter of taste and choice.

I will await your answer, thanks for helping us out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Because it looks tacky. Unless your car has performance calipers, it will always look tacky.

Either clean 'em and clear-coat, or just leave them be.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Nice to know about to paint the Calipers and Decals.Its good to drive these vehicles with this phenomenon.May it increase some efficiency points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i painted mine as i dont like to see calipers corroding or going rusty using plasticote paint it is heat resistant gloss black and then used some red decals to go on the calipers nothing in your face ,i feel they look good on my car but each to there own,the plasticote paint here in the uk cost me £6 so about $9
here are some pictures what do you think ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks good! I would have centered the Lexus logo a bit more. Looks a little crooked.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
the decal is centered(its the picture giving that effect) the calipers are soo small you dont have much room to
place the decals it also has the lexus "L" before the wording.
i should of taken a picture before i refitted the wheel, next time i remove the wheel i will take a picture for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts