Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the lazy way out and installed caliper covers instead of masking and painting. Found a company here in Chula Vista, CA that'll make caliper covers for the CT in various colors, powder coated and can even engrave them with your favorite graphic. They have a nice looking Ultrasonic Blue for Lexus. Opted for black as I have enough blue as it is on the car.

Here's how it comes:

Before:

After:

Here's how it looks in the wheel, front and back:

Final look: Darkens everything nicely behind the wheel, giving the wheels more contrast.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I like...

Tell me about those wheels...brand, size, blue stripe from manufacturer? Coooool......
Just wanted something uncommon. They're Racing Power TH227 Wheels. 17x7.5, 40 offset. The blue stripe is part of the wheel. Found that style in an assortment of manufacturers all the way up to 10 spoked. Wanted to keep it to 7 so it wouldn't be too hard to clean. As far as blue stripe, thought it kinda tied in the Lexus and Hybrid badges and logo's all over the car. I really wanted 18x8 which is also offered, but wanted to use up the stock tires first. I'l probably get the 18x8 when I eventually have to replace the tires.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How much did these run you? What website can I order these from? Thanks...
The caliper covers are from www.calipercovers.com. The basic covers are about $200. But you can google an authorized dealer for around $175/shipped, or eBay them for around $180/shipped. But, if you want custom, you need to get it from the calipercovers web site.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info. I just looked up there prices and it gets pretty pricey after you pick a custom color and logo... =(

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info. I just looked up there prices and it gets pretty pricey after you pick a custom color and logo... =(
Yeah it does. That's why I filled in the MGP logo. I had originally gotten the Lexus caliper logo's on eBay and was gonna apply them to the calipers once I painted them. So I stuck em on the caliper covers instead. Those guys should just charge one fee for whatever color you want or give the option to sell them primered and unfinished. Their fee's - I don't get that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i might be going out on a limb here but have to say those are terrible. they look cheap and anyone can see they are fake. in my opinion you would better off with nothing. its a lexus not a civic. but if you like them who cares

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmm the callipers looking awesome... I like them, because they change the look of your rims and wheels.. if you have some attractive callipers then I think it doesn't count that how good your rims are... Good sharing ... and they are also very cheap. Thanks for sharing

1 - 17 of 17 Posts