Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I will be looking to buy lexus as currently doing over 11k miles a year and diesel i own wont be compliant with new emission requirements in my area.
What to look at when buying used lexus? I was looking at something around 2011-2012 year. Will try to get with less than 120k miles due my budget. I do worry about battery life tho. They life time expectancy is 10years or so?

· Registered
47 Posts
Hey everyone.
I will be looking to buy lexus as currently doing over 11k miles a year and diesel i own wont be compliant with new emission requirements in my area.
What to look at when buying used lexus? I was looking at something around 2011-2012 year. Will try to get with less than 120k miles due my budget. I do worry about battery life tho. They life time expectancy is 10years or so?
I would not worry about the battery as much as you think. It is the head gasket and oil burning that you need to worry about. When the head gasket leaks it generally leaks into cylinder on and has moisture on the back right side under the head gasket. It usually will look slightly darker then the rest of the block. Oil consumption happens because of the piston rings(hard to diag before buying) compression testing may find the problem but it is not guaranteed. If you are looking for a car to last you 10+ year this is not the car. I thought lexus and toyota where my best option but the ct200 does not live up to the hype. Buy a v6 lexus or non-hybrid inline 4 those are where the reliability is at. Do not take the risk with this car you will most likely regret it like me. They get great mpg but they just have the same big issues, that is under reported.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts