Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At some point I would like to have a bumper protector put on. Does anyone have one of these to recommend? I've seen two. the factory chrome and a cheaper black rubbery one. I know I will scratch my bumper soon, so I'm getting ready to get one before/as it happens.

Does it have any impact on where all the dirt on the car builds up? (DOes it hide it more?)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I too have been searching for 6 months and I highly recommend doingit sooner than later. I have a few scratches - and I am insanely anal about my car! It is a tight fit to get a hockey bag in/out with the seats still up but I can and even though I "lift" the bag out - instead of dragging it out over the bumper - I still have a few scratches.
I have been waiting for 9 months for the stainless bumper protector (from ct200hchat.com) but they changed the status from "coming soon" to "...eventually" :(
I have looked online quite often and found a Lexus clear film one but now that I have some scratches I think I would most definately have air bubbles in an around the scratches and I have the Obsidian (black) color so would not look nice. There is one, I think on eBay, that is black rubber and I am almost positive I am going to get that.
As for dirt build up - it won't matter as I have never had a vehicle that collects dirt and dust on the back glass and bumper like the CT (and most have had hatches). Again my color is black so it gets dusty minutes after washing ;) but man is it bad on the back glass under the spoiler and on the bumper.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I too have been searching for 6 months and I highly recommend doingit sooner than later. I have a few scratches - and I am insanely anal about my car! It is a tight fit to get a hockey bag in/out with the seats still up but I can and even though I "lift" the bag out - instead of dragging it out over the bumper - I still have a few scratches.
I have been waiting for 9 months for the stainless bumper protector (from ct200hchat.com) but they changed the status from "coming soon" to "...eventually" :(
I have looked online quite often and found a Lexus clear film one but now that I have some scratches I think I would most definately have air bubbles in an around the scratches and I have the Obsidian (black) color so would not look nice. There is one, I think on eBay, that is black rubber and I am almost positive I am going to get that.
As for dirt build up - it won't matter as I have never had a vehicle that collects dirt and dust on the back glass and bumper like the CT (and most have had hatches). Again my color is black so it gets dusty minutes after washing ;) but man is it bad on the back glass under the spoiler and on the bumper.
Is this e-bay item the same one that is still unavailable?
LEXUS Hybrid CT200h 2011-2012 MIT Rear bumper protector step sill cover OEM | eBay

·
Registered
121 Posts
Joe166: It looks like it is but it is way more than this one:
Stainless Rear Bumper Protector Lexus CT200h | CT200h Chat
Also is it really OEM or is it an OEM company like their description reads? It doesn't really matter to me but given the fact that they have the Lexus name mostly covered with a piece of paper (infringement violation?) makes me want to avoid this one.
Maybe I am being too paranoid.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Joe166: It looks like it is but it is way more than this one:
Stainless Rear Bumper Protector Lexus CT200h | CT200h Chat
Also is it really OEM or is it an OEM company like their description reads? It doesn't really matter to me but given the fact that they have the Lexus name mostly covered with a piece of paper (infringement violation?) makes me want to avoid this one.
Maybe I am being too paranoid.
I agree with you. I wouldn't order it from them either, but if it is available there, shouldn't we expect it from someone we have heard of soon? That was my only point.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why not get the rear bumper applique? It doesn't detract from the rear end and provides protection at the same time. If you already have scratches, then it won't do it. Depending on the color of your car I would get the chrome for light colors and black for dark colors.

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you go to the eBay store you will see this seller has a few different items for the CT. It also says they are 'out' right now and won't be back until the end of the month.
I'm also interested in the rear bumper protector as I have ordered one from CT200HCHAT.com as looks like will never get it. I also like the led shift knob.
Has anyone ordered either of these two items yet?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why not get the rear bumper applique? It doesn't detract from the rear end and provides protection at the same time. If you already have scratches, then it won't do it. Depending on the color of your car I would get the chrome for light colors and black for dark colors.
I would think that any "protection" from a decal would be minimal. I know it is a vinyl applique, but it is not all that thick (I applied one to my wife's car) and if you scratch it, you have ugly on your bumper until you replace it for the same amount. I like the look, but I don't consider it much protection. Certainly not as much as the metal one, obviously.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that LED knob too and thought it looked cool. But does it need to be plugged in all the time or is that cig lighter connector just to charge the battery?

·
Registered
121 Posts
hdave: I bought that cargo line (there are others that reviewed it on this forum as well).
It is okay - some people had problems getting it to fit but I didn't. It works but takes away from the classy interior. I use it when my kid has hockey tournaments in the states as we are lugging his bag in and out of the hatch and it does work I just don't like the looks of it - reminds me of when my mom used to put a sheet over on old sofa we had! LOL

·
Registered
486 Posts
hdave: I bought that cargo line (there are others that reviewed it on this forum as well).
It is okay - some people had problems getting it to fit but I didn't. It works but takes away from the classy interior. I use it when my kid has hockey tournaments in the states as we are lugging his bag in and out of the hatch and it does work I just don't like the looks of it - reminds me of when my mom used to put a sheet over on old sofa we had! LOL
Thanks for the info!!
I might just buy a heavy duty front door mat for a house, and cut it into the shape for the trunk like I did with my old car which worked great and only cost me $40

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody have the Lexus Rear Bumper Applique (sticker) installed yet?

Just got the Lexus Rear Bumper Applique installed at the dealer on my new CT. It has bubbles in several places but the service manager assures me that they will be "sucked down" and go away over time. Is that true?

I was also told not to wash the bumper area for several days as this would cause the glue to not set properly. Looks terrible right now. I am concerned. Should I be?

·
Registered
842 Posts

Just got the Lexus Rear Bumper Applique installed at the dealer on my new CT. It has bubbles in several places but the service manager assures me that they will be "sucked down" and go away over time. Is that true?

I was also told not to wash the bumper area for several days as this would cause the glue to not set properly. Looks terrible right now. I am concerned. Should I be?
Probably not. Park in the sun to hasten the bubbles leaving. At least you know where to go if it doesn't flatten out. It should be as good as it is going to get in two or three days of sunshine.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just ordered the black rubber one from bmc extreme customs - it was a couple of bucks cheaper than the ones on eBay. I have to cover up all my scratches and gouges with something!

·
Registered
3 Posts
yep i installed the clear one with the lexus logo, it was real easy, make sure you use plenty of soap and water and it will all clear up after a couple of days, i wouldn't have minded if it covered more, i dont think it covers enough, but the fitment was good and looks great

·
Registered
516 Posts
The factory Lexus chrome rear bumper protectors are available now at Sewell Lexus online...ordered one and installed it today...looks great and easy to install...I posted pics on this forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.