Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I just bought this ct200h with a wrenkled wrap on the front bumper as show in picture attached and it is bothering me to see this imperfection on this beautiful car.

Any suggestion on an easy fix that I can do by myself?

Car Vehicle Grille Daytime Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.

Do you know if this is how it usually comes from OEM with vinyle sticker or does this mean the previous owner modified it?

Also do you happen to know a good vinyle sticker brand that I can buy that matches this color? Or if possible to buy that specific peice on the bumper and replace it.

thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
193 Posts
That's really weird. I can't entirely tell what's going on in the picture, but whatever that is, you should be able to get it off. The part is supposed to be naturally chrome finish, but with a coating, not a wrap. Maybe it's some sort of clear bra thing? But if it ends up being completely ruined, you can get another trim piece on Ebay and the like easy. Just have to remove the bumper to replace it.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
425 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.

Do you know if this is how it usually comes from OEM with vinyle sticker or does this mean the previous owner modified it?

Also do you happen to know a good vinyle sticker brand that I can buy that matches this color? Or if possible to buy that specific peice on the bumper and replace it.

thanks for the help
Sorry. Maybe I shouldve asked: is the wrinkle in the chrome itselfs OR does it seem like a clear cover over the piece that is wrinkled. Can't really tell from the photo. Maybe upload another picture close up on one side?? If its a "bra", it may have been done by owner or dealer. You can redo it yourself if your skilled. Recommend removing the part and doing it rather than in situ. Replacement part may be expensive. Perhaps check on aliexpress. If it were me and the chrome peeling off, I would get it painter same as the grill.

·
Registered
13' CT with 17' F Sport Rear
124 Posts
That's really weird. I can't entirely tell what's going on in the picture, but whatever that is, you should be able to get it off. The part is supposed to be naturally chrome finish, but with a coating, not a wrap. Maybe it's some sort of clear bra thing? But if it ends up being completely ruined, you can get another trim piece on Ebay and the like easy. Just have to remove the bumper to replace it.
You can remove it without taking the bumper off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts