Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
842 Posts
I won't drive it either. You are covered for roadside assistance. Call Lexus to have it towed to a local dealership. I will be surprised if it was not fixed under warranty.
This seems like a major safety issue if i understand correctly. You should file a compalint to NHTSA Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
If they repair his car satisfactorily, why would you file a complaint? Everything has consequences. I would only file something if it was not dealt with in due course. That's how these stories go viral and cause a decent car to get a bad reputation. The manufacturer has to self report if they have repetitive safety problems but not isolated ones.

· Registered
371 Posts
I won't drive it either. You are covered for roadside assistance. Call Lexus to have it towed to a local dealership. I will be surprised if it was not fixed under warranty.
This seems like a major safety issue if i understand correctly. You should file a compalint to NHTSA Home | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
Let’s not be so reactionary to something that may turn out to be nothing. Remember the story of Chick Little and the phrase, “The sky is falling, the sky is falling”?

· Registered
692 Posts
I agree, this is not safe to drive. If the pedal really did go down to the floor that is a common symptom of a brake fluid system failure. Something blew out and you had a big leak and now you don't have any brake fluid.

· Registered
81 Posts
The hill assist WILL allow the brake pedal to go all the way to the floor and it then holds the brakes for a few seconds. It is not a loss of fluid, it is the system doing its thing.

If you press the brakes to the stopping point, then start pressing a little harder, it does feel very wrong... Try it, on a flat safe surface.... get used to it... just may want to use the feature some day

· Registered
187 Posts
I think everyone of us is interpreting the OP's description of events in our own way. If it's a sudden loss of brakes as he describes, I would consider it as a major safety issue. A car should not face this kind of failure at its early stage of life. My suggestion for him to complain was borne out of that. I am more concerned about individual safety than a car's reputation. NHTSA asks people to report safety issues. The question isn't about issues getting resolved satisfactorily after it appeared, rather that it could have appeared at a more critical time.
Whereas, if he has misinterpreted the hill assist, this is a non-issue. The more I read the OP it seems most likely this is the case and not anything serious. Problem is, we'll likely never hear any conclusion to this event from the OP.

· Registered
842 Posts
If the brake pedal is going down to the floor when depress, better not drive it and check to see if you have brake fluid.
Why do so many people spell "break" instead of "brake"?
Because we have members from many foreign countries. Then again, there are lots of people who can't spell much of anything. I don't know where the OP was from, so as far as I am concerned, everyone gets a pass on spelling and grammar.

· Registered
1 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the car.

Pressing the brake pedal to the floor at a stop activates "Hill Start Assist." (The flashing orange warning light on your dash)

Hill start assist is designed to keep your Lexus from rolling backwards on an incline. It holds the brakes when you remove your foot from the brake and then deactivates once you accelerate.

· Registered
990 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the car.

Pressing the brake pedal to the floor at a stop activates "Hill Start Assist." (The flashing orange warning light on your dash)

Hill start assist is designed to keep your Lexus from rolling backwards on an incline. It holds the brakes when you remove your foot from the brake and then deactivates once you accelerate.
Yes thus was already addressed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.