Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got my new CT200H F Sport and am loving it so far! I have a question though for something that I am not sure if I should be concerned about.

I picked up my car with 18 miles driven with a full tank of gas which said about 470 Miles to empty at the time. I drove the car for maybe like 120 miles over the weekend and it says that I have about 305 miles to empty now. Which if you do the math is a little off. What really has me concerned is that my gas tank meter shows now that my gas tank is half empty. So according to my meter I have driven 120 miles and that has taken my gas tank from full to JUST above half a tank. Should this be a cause for concern or does the meter move much slower on the second half of the tank? I doubt that the remaining half a tank of gas that the meter shows should give me the other 300 miles to empty if the first half gave me 120. Has anyone else experienced this before or have any insight? Thanks a ton in advance!!!!

Also I have driven like 90% in ECO MODE and have been trying to conserve as much as possible. I have read that the mileage in the computer can be a little off but it says that I am getting 39 MPG so far but the gas tank meter has me concerned.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey everyone, I just got my new CT200H F Sport and am loving it so far! I have a question though for something that I am not sure if I should be concerned about.

I picked up my car with 18 miles driven with a full tank of gas which said about 470 Miles to empty at the time. I drove the car for maybe like 120 miles over the weekend and it says that I have about 305 miles to empty now. Which if you do the math is a little off. What really has me concerned is that my gas tank meter shows now that my gas tank is half empty. So according to my meter I have driven 120 miles and that has taken my gas tank from full to JUST above half a tank. Should this be a cause for concern or does the meter move much slower on the second half of the tank? I doubt that the remaining half a tank of gas that the meter shows should give me the other 300 miles to empty if the first half gave me 120. Has anyone else experienced this before or have any insight? Thanks a ton in advance!!!!

Also I have driven like 90% in ECO MODE and have been trying to conserve as much as possible. I have read that the mileage in the computer can be a little off but it says that I am getting 39 MPG so far but the gas tank meter has me concerned.
After the range gets to zero, the gas light will come on... You can drive almost another hundred miles (as long as you don't drive like a maniac) with the gas light on. The gas light comes on when you have used up 8.5 gallons, but the tank holds 11.9. Allow yourself some time to get acclimated to the car. A new owner needs to learn the ins and outs of the car, so don't panic. Most drivers find that driving in "Normal" mode gives you a good balance of power and economy. The little (and I mean little) boost of power allows you to get up to speed a little quicker so you can ease off the gas and do a little more coasting. I'm sure you'll get a few more opinions on this, as we all seem to drive the car with our own little methodology, but that's kinda how I roll.

Common question for a new owner. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok great thanks that makes a little more sense then. I guess it will take some getting used to for me to break the mental habit. So you are telling me that me mileage gauge can be all the way empty with the needle all the way down but in reality still have 2.5 gallons of gas left to get about 80-100 miles left in the tank with no real issue?

·
Registered
990 Posts
That's not entirely true, the range meter and the gas light are independent. My range has never been zero when the gas light comes on. On average my range says 30 miles when the gas light comes on. I still drive an additional 100 miles past the gas light come on and fill up once my trip hits 450 for the tank. I usually fill up with 1.5-2 gallons remaining.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's not entirely true, the range meter and the gas light are independent. My range has never been zero when the gas light comes on. On average my range says 30 miles when the gas light comes on. I still drive an additional 100 miles past the gas light come on and fill up once my trip hits 450 for the tank. I usually fill up with 1.5-2 gallons remaining.

Sorry, yes... I worded that kinda poorly. It may not be at exactly zero, but note that when the gas light comes on you've used just about 8.5 gallons of a full tank. You can't entirely trust the range meter as it's not going to be able to take into account how hard or gently you're going to drive. I can't honestly say I've flipped the display to show the range meter when the gas light comes on.

·
Registered
200 Posts
When the range meter on my CT200h gets close to zero and i fill the car with gas it usually takes 8.5 gallons. i have never pushed the car below the zero range, nor knowing how for I could go fearful of running out of gas. I have usually driven between 375-400 miles on the tank of gas. I get about 48 mpg in the summer and 42-43 mpg in the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts