• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard horrible banging :oops:sounds 1 week ago while driving along the freeway. I let my foot off the gas, the noise went away, and I thought (I wasn't sure) the brake pad dropped somewhat. Two days ago I drove on to the emergency ramp entrance for the hospital and my brakes disappeared, they didn't work! I quickly pumped them and they engaged. BRAKE and ABS lights lit up. I brought my 2012 CT200H to my mechanic and he said the ABS system needs to be replaced along with a master cylinder - it's all one big unit. He said the good news is it's under a 10-year factory warranty--so I have 6 weeks. Has anyone gone to the dealership for replacement of their ABS? I see recalls for brakes and ABS under hybrid Lexus & Toyota but no specifics for the CT200H.
Does anyone know about this or has done this?
I have an appointment with Lexus Wed. Nov 10th I really, really hope they don't say "yes, but not for the CT200H"
:cautious:

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think the dealer told me it was $6000 to replace the actuator unit. Luckily my issue wasn't that.
My mechanic mentioned it’s under factory 10yr warranty. I looked it up and it’s a hybrid “blanket” warranty. I have an appointment Wednesday at the dealership I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
425 Posts
My mechanic mentioned it’s under factory 10yr warranty. I looked it up and it’s a hybrid “blanket” warranty. I have an appointment Wednesday at the dealership I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
I'm not too sure about the 10yr warranty on parts unrelated to actual hybrid system like motor and battery. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received a letter from Toyota that states that there is a problem with some brake systems but not a recall and you will have to pay for it if you're not part of the problem and it's related to your vin for affected vehicles.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I weighed the situation and decided to sell my Lexus. I was quite surprised what I received, and that went towards a 2022. Simply, it was the only choice. You were correct the ABS was not included in the 10 year warranty (which was an 8 year warranty).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts