Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a message when I turned on my car for the brake oil. Excuse my ignorance - how much is that going to run me? I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL as a point of reference. Do I need to change my brakes? What’s that going to run? I’ve never owned a luxury car, I was in an old Ford Explorer before and I changed my brakes all the time. I’ll do it on this car too if it’s not going to require a PHD. Thanks guys(and gals)

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H F Sport Ultrasonic Blue
3 Posts
What to do
Check that the parking brake is fully released. If it is and the light remains on, check the brake fluid reservoir under the bonnet / hood and add fluid if necessary. If after this the light stays on, or brake fluid is at normal levels, do not continue to drive and contact a workshop.

-I just replaced my brakes 6wks ago. I YouTube “CT200h brake replacement”. It was easy I did pads and rotors. I just have a public High school diploma🤷🏻‍♂️!

Just got a message when I turned on my car for the brake oil. Excuse my ignorance - how much is that going to run me? I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL as a point of reference. Do I need to change my brakes? What’s that going to run? I’ve never owned a luxury car, I was in an old Ford Explorer before and I changed my brakes all the time. I’ll do it on this car too if it’s not going to require a PHD. Thanks guys(and gals)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I checked the fluid and it’s full. I’ll check the parking brake I don’t think I’ve ever pressed it down, but I’ll double check.
I would have thought the Lexus was a harder job than a ford. I’m a bit nervous of the bill for repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts