Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Brake noises

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  tnav 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am the owner of a CT200H from 2015 and unfortunately I've encountered a problem with the brakes as lately I've been hearing noises when braking at low speeds. Looking around the forums I saw that many others have had problems with the brakes and I'm afraid it might be the actuator in my case. Here is a recording of the noises (the quality isn't very good but it should do):

Essentially what you can hear is a high-pitched noise when I fully press the brake pedal (thus the car coming to a full stop), and immediately after another noise when I lift my foot. Both noises have a mechanical sound. Can anyone here who had problems with the actuator tell me if they had similar noises? Or maybe someone has an idea of what it might be?
Thank you all in advance

#4 ·
Not sure it's the fart noise which my car has had for about 50k miles now, it sounds like a bark. Around 75k miles ago, while on warranty I told Lexus of the fart noise, they said "oh, the bark noise... yeah that is perfectly normal, and several other Lexus cars have it ..." So I left it alone, it went away somewhat after bleeding the brakes, then it came up. I recommend taking it to Lexus for an oil service, they can do a full inspection and check that too and probably tell you what's wrong with it, I would start there and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.