Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Fellas!

I just picked up my CT200H today (premium with audio & navigation package) and I had a question about the bluetooth media autoconnect.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3, and the bluetooth PHONE features sync nicely every time I enter the car, however I have to manually connect the bluetooth media every time.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

To go into further detail, when I get into the car, the bluetooth connection is successful, however this is only for the handsfree, NOT for the media audio. Consequently, every time I want to listen to music off my phone in the CT, I have to go to the bluetooth menu in my car, and check the box that says "use as media audio", then it will work.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is this normal or is there something that I am missing?

Thank you!

Steven

·
Registered
609 Posts
No you shouldn't have to. You did sync both the phone bluetooth and audio bluetooth to your phone right? My iPhone 3G auto connect both when the car starts up.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It is kind of tricky the first time you connect and frankly, I still haven't gotten the hang of it, even though my Prius was exactly the same and I have been through three upgraded phones in my CT. It kept giving me the message that the phone was not connected.

It finally worked out, but I think it involved connecting the player first, then the phone. Not the phone, then the player. Or something like that. Play with it (but you have to be stopped or it gets grayed out) and you will find the magic connection, but if you are like me, you won't remember exactly what you did to make it work. Once it starts working right, you never have another problem until you change phones or cars.

At one point I disconnected everything and started over again.

I suspect it is all in the manual, but I don't need no stinkin manual!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Lostchild, I did sync both the phone bluetooth and audio bluetooth to my phone, however the AUTO CONNECT function is grayed out for the audio bluetooth.

@Joe166, let me know if you remember what you did exactly bro! I will mess around with it more later on today, but I am loving the car!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured it out!
Mods please close thread, thank you! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because the Auto Connect was grayed out for this device, all I did was remove the device on the car, and reconnect. After I did this, the auto connect was no longer grayed out.
I have no idea why it was grayed out in the first place. Glitchy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts