Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really love how I can stream music via bluetooth to the CT from my IPhone4. The annoying part is that it automatically turns on the Ipod when it connects via BT and starts to play music. Does anyone know how to turn off this automatic play feature? I prefer to listen to Pandora radio but the ipod keeps turning on automatically. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess just reach over and hit pause on the iPhone. Pandora is great.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I really love how I can stream music via bluetooth to the CT from my IPhone4. The annoying part is that it automatically turns on the Ipod when it connects via BT and starts to play music. Does anyone know how to turn off this automatic play feature? I prefer to listen to Pandora radio but the ipod keeps turning on automatically. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes i noticed this also. The iPhone begins to play the last song from the iPod part of the phone where you left off. The only way is to manually stop or pause the music. I assume you can launch Pandora or another music service app and have that play. Alternatively you can use the Aux port on the console and connect it to the iPhone headphone jack. Then switch from Bluetooth to Aux on the radio control

·
Registered
7 Posts
Something similar also happens on my android phone when I'm trying to play music through Grooveshark--the default music player will come on and just play some random mp3 that I have on the phone. I wasn't sure if it was the phone or the bluetooth stereo, but since it's happening on yours as well, it looks like it's just the bluetooth.

Also, the next/previous steering wheel controls seem to actually work with Grooveshark when I don't let the phone sleep, but as soon as I let it sleep and I try to hit the "next" steering wheel button, it again starts up the default music player and plays an mp3. I have to listen to two songs playing at the same time until I reach a stop sign or light to stop it, then switch back over to the app I wanted to play music through. Very annoying when I'm trying to drive.

The aux sound quality is not as good as the bluetooth, so I'm just putting up with it for now--I just set my phone to never sleep when connected to the car via bluetooth and it's pretty workable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you're playing Pandora and turn off the car, Pandora will start playing again when you get back in - provided you haven't done anything with your phone (opened other apps, used the phone, etc.). Obviously, this isn't practical, but I wonder if there's a tweak to keep Pandora "resident" or not allow it to get put in the background. My iPhone is jailbroken (as yours should be), so I'll let you know if I find anything.

Also, I wonder how it would behave if you removed all the songs from your phone's iTunes?

·
Registered
516 Posts
One solution is to push the FM or SAT button on the selector of the car before you get out. If you do, I think when you get back in the car, it will only play that radio from which you last pushed it. Also, anyone notice that the mouse on the NAV cars will shoot back to the direct middle position when you turn off the car regardless of where it was before you pushed stop on the car?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi,

I was playing around with this a little bit and might have found something useful. I didn't find any app or jailbreak tweak, but try this: Remove the iPod app from the list of backgrounded apps (do this by double-clicking the home button and scrolling right until you find it. Press and hold on the icon until a minus sign comes up and click on that). Then start Pandora and go about your day. From there, I'm seeing the car connect to Pandora instead of the iPod (provided I haven't restarted the iPod app).

What I'm finding is that if both Pandora and the iPod app are resident in the list of background apps, the phone will default to the iPod app. If Pandora is only BT audio-friendly app in the list of background apps, it will use it. Of course, make sure YouTube, etc. are removed from the list as well.

Anyway, try it. I tested it for a little bit and it seems to be working, but it needs long-term testing before we call it a success.

EDIT: Forget it. After being asleep all night, the iPhone defaulted back to the iPod despite the fact is was not in the background list.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I came here to search the forum to see if anyone knows a way to stop the autoplay on the iPhone via BT. I guess not! BTW, if you don't have any music or audio file, I think it would start playing your recording in the voice memo app. Is there a button on the dash somewhere that I can pause it? Right now I have to dig out my phone, unlock and screen, and hit pause.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you have NAV?

·
Registered
245 Posts
I came here to search the forum to see if anyone knows a way to stop the autoplay on the iPhone via BT. I guess not! BTW, if you don't have any music or audio file, I think it would start playing your recording in the voice memo app. Is there a button on the dash somewhere that I can pause it? Right now I have to dig out my phone, unlock and screen, and hit pause.
Hmm. My music on my iPhone 4s does not auto play through Bluetooth. I've been using the USB input. That's where I leave it and that's where it picks up. And yes, my phone is paired for music, I can select BT and play it if I want.

I don't want to play music from my phone, no point in it as it taps the juice in the battery.

Does anybody know if the aux jack charges? I'm thinking about using my shuffle. Converting songs to mp3s is a pain and sometimes the songs are cut short. The shuffle would be a perfect fit if it would charge.

·
Registered
270 Posts
USB on Aux will charge but the headphone type socket won't ...

BT autoplay - yep, mine does this too with my phone which is annoying ! It starts the music player on the phone, even though I'd got something like the Tune In Radio app playing cricket commentary.

Result on Tuesday - cricket commentary overlaid with Goldfrapp's Utopia (not a bad result to be honest).

This was with a Sony Ericsson mobile, so it's likely to be a Bluetooth thing and not just an Apple thing ... will have to check out settings some time

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hmm. My music on my iPhone 4s does not auto play through Bluetooth. I've been using the USB input. That's where I leave it and that's where it picks up. And yes, my phone is paired for music, I can select BT and play it if I want.

I don't want to play music from my phone, no point in it as it taps the juice in the battery.

Does anybody know if the aux jack charges? I'm thinking about using my shuffle. Converting songs to mp3s is a pain and sometimes the songs are cut short. The shuffle would be a perfect fit if it would charge.
If you leave it at BT, it would autoplay your iPod music or audiobook (in my case) every time you start up or when you hang up on the phone and back to music. Even if you have an app running, it will still start up the iPod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, this only became an issue for me when I downloaded a free song to my iPhone 4. So I removed it and no more annoying autoplay. In my 2012 Toyota Prius, this only happened when it was plugged in, not via BT. However, the car does make a BT connection to my phone. I hoped this site would have had a fix some I can start using the phone.
Since, I'm new to apple products, at least I learned how to finally access apps in the background thanks to dgstan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts