Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bluetooth connection issues with Fuel Price app in Lexus Enform App Suite [RESOLVED]

First about my car: 2014 CT200h Premium w/ Navi
About my phone: Apple iPhone 4S (iOS 7) and I have the latest Enform app installed.

Is anyone else having issues with their Fuel Price and Stock apps in the Lexus Enform App Suite? Only for those two apps, I get a Bluetooth connectivity error message. For all the other apps, i.e., Yelp, Bing, Pandora, etc., it is fine and I can search and stream music.

I took my car to the dealer and the senior technician and he couldn't figure out why only those two apps would have Bluetooth connectivity problems. He also said that since the Lexus Enform App Suite on the 2014 CT200h is the latest one that Lexus has released, he would have to contact Lexus directly and ask them about the Fuel Price and Stock apps.

I am wondering if any of you 2014 owners are having issues with the Fuel Price and Stock apps. If so, have you been able to resolve it; how?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep. Same problem here. 2014 with Nav.
Gas Prices, Sports and Stocks do not work. Everything else works. Lexus is clueless and told me to talk to dealer. But before that they sent me to Sirrius because they did not even know the 2014 doesn't use satellite any more for that data.
My dealer is "researching" it. So far I have re-installed apps on my phone and the car. I've deleted all bluetooth pairing and re-paired my phone. Nothing helps and no one knows what the problem is. It's been a huge waste of time so far.
At least we know we are not alone with these issues. Your the first person I've seen post about this on the 2014 CT.
I'll update this thread when I get more information.
Good luck,
-Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rob,

Does your Navi fail to read street names sometimes and freeze up? It just seems that ever since I updated the Enform app on the Navi, things keep freezing up. I have to either hold the radio power button down for 5 seconds to reboot the Navi (and if this fails) then turn the car off and back on to get the Navi working.

I called my Lexus dealer on status update on those apps (fuel, stock, sports) and I was told that Lexus HQ hasn't gotten back to them yet. I'm like one of the first 10 people in Georgia with the 2014 model, so it will be a while before the dealers can provide enough reports to push Lexus HQ to act upon this soon.

--Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got an update from my dealer and they said that Lexus HQ will be issuing an update to their Enform app suite by the end of this month or early next month. Until then, we are **** outta luck. I don't care much for the stock and sports apps, but the fuel app was useful and I don't like how I am "losing" a couple of months on the free 12-month trial of the service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the information. I’ll let my dealer know so he doesn’t waste any more time until the update comes out. I figured as much since we tried everything. I’ve spent hours trying all sorts of things multiple times. The dealer even had me delete all personal data which has taken a long time to get all the settings and data back the way I had it. That also required a re-download of the Enform apps which takes about 20 minutes of just sitting in the car. Total waste of time for some “simple” apps.

I too feel the fuel prices are the most valuable app in the bunch. Although I’ll use the sports scores on occasion.
I haven’t had the Navi lock up on me yet. I don’t use it that much as most of my driving is between home and work. I’ll try it out a bit more Friday night and I’ll let you know if it has issues.

I have found a few other bugs though. One that I can remember is an issue when programing “Home” and the other 5 quick access destinations. If you choose one and it says it is empty, it will ask if you want to program it. If you say yes it lets you choose a destination. Instead of programing it, it actually just starts navigating to the destination instead. Do it again and it works.

I don’t think you are “losing” anything. The Gas, Stocks, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the rest of the Enform apps are subscription free and do not expire after 12 months. They use data from your own cell phone and not from Sirius like they used to in the older models. However, the Satellite radio is a 3 month trial, and the SOS service, eDestination, and Destination Assist are a 12 month trial.
Lexus CT 200h Hybrid, CT F SPORT - 2014 - Design & Safety Features

Overall, I really like the car. I came from a Mustang GT. So the power obviously isn't anywhere in the ball park, but it is acceptable 98% of the time. I just focus on the MPG I am getting. On the plus side, the comfort, tech, back seat room, and MPG are a big step up. No regrets.

Good luck and keep me informed of any updates on the situation. I’ll do the same.

Thanks,
-Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Latest update from my dealer on Enform. Updates (I hope that includes bug fixes) will be rolling out in early April. The Roadside Assistance and Dealers Nearby will be removed from the Enform app. eDestination will be changed to Saved Destination.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just updated the Lexus Enform app on my iPhone and still No fix for sports app,stocks, or fuel guide.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I third that. Updated and the Bluetooth connection issue with the Fuel app is still there. Time to call up my dealer and force them to give hell to Lexus HQ :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
enform app issues

Just purchased a 2014 ct... having same issues. Dealership in Colorado attempting to resolve. Multiple attempts to load/reload app on phone. Even reset the system in the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I third that. Updated and the Bluetooth connection issue with the Fuel app is still there. Time to call up my dealer and force them to give hell to Lexus HQ :D
If that only worked. I just picked up a 14 CT F-sport two weeks ago and I work at the dealer. Me having the issue is the first we have heard. I have been calling Lexus dirrectly and no one there knew anything about it till Yesterday they told me they are working on an update that will fix it.

Just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If that only worked. I just picked up a 14 CT F-sport two weeks ago and I work at the dealer. Me having the issue is the first we have heard. I have been calling Lexus dirrectly and no one there knew anything about it till Yesterday they told me they are working on an update that will fix it.

That sucks...
My F-Sport rolled off the transport truck on March 20th, and I picked it up the 23rd from my brother, who's the finance manager. I was thinking of asking him by the end of the week if they've heard about this issue. Now I know I'll ask...

On a related note... anyone figure out how to actually ADD destinations to the new "Destinations" Enform app on the car? I can't do it from the Android app... nor are there any new instructions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Oh man, that sounds like my dealer didn't do a good job delivering the message that the Bluetooth connection for the Fuel app is broken! Next time, I'm gonna get the number he dials to Lexus HQ so that I can talk to folks there myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a related note... anyone figure out how to actually ADD destinations to the new "Destinations" Enform app on the car? I can't do it from the Android app... nor are there any new instructions.
Nope. I went on to the LexusDrivers.com and the Lexusenformappsuite.com websites and they only have the old eDestination. I can still add stuff to eDestination, but does no good now that Saved Destination replaced it. I don't know why Toyota/Lexus is so half-*** with their software. BMW has always been quite good at keep this stuff up-to-date.

I shouldn't complain too much about the software problems. Ultimately, it is the drive that matters. If the software was a bigger deal for me, I'd be driving a BMW. OK, I'm done ranting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So, I did find the saved folder is easy to use. Search with Bing on your phone and hit save, done.

The other issues, nothing so far. Anyone else?

·
Registered
200 Posts
recommended fix and I have done this with success:

1. go to DELETE ALL PERSONAL SETTINGS ***this will also delete all radio presets and saved NAV addresses***
2. pair phone
3. open app suite on phone
4. should work!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts