Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've noticed it is possible to connect a wireless audio device to the car and apparently play music through the stereo via BT. Just wondering what audio devices do this. I only have an Ipod nano which doesnt have BT so just curious what devices do this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kev

·
Registered
131 Posts
All devices with bluetooth more or less. Iphone, android.. yeh most modern phones. I have a HTC and plays music from spotify (online music service like napster in uk) flawless.

But you can use the usb for the ipod, works as well but buy a short wire or a stand for it so you dont have to struggle with a long wire laying all around in the car :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all,

I've noticed it is possible to connect a wireless audio device to the car and apparently play music through the stereo via BT. Just wondering what audio devices do this. I only have an Ipod nano which doesnt have BT so just curious what devices do this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Kev
You could buy a bluetooth dongle for the nano. Jaybird.com sell this sort of thing, or check out that well known auction site. I gave an htc phone with a 16gb card in it, works perfectly. You can also use the phone for calls as well.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks in anticipation.

Kev
I upgraded to an iPod Touch 4th generation that has Bluetooth a few months ago and paired it to my non-NAV CT's Bluetooth. Works flawlessly for playing music from my iTunes library, and unlike a wired connection, I have full access to my Playlists (on the iPod). No cables are needed unless I want to plug in the iPod for external power to recharge the battery, which I haven't needed to do since I frequently update the iTunes library and recharge the iPod on my Mac.

Older versions of the iPod Touch (2nd and 3rd generation) also have Bluetooth and are still available on Amazon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i use an android 2.2 phone (LG Optimus) and BT streaming music works perfectly fine for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.