Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having difficulty streaming music, pandora, or podcasts with the bluetooth audio. The dealership tried to connect my old school palm pre which was on the list of supported devices, but the readout shows "pause" when the phone is obviously playing. No trouble with bluetooth and phone audio. The phone shows is connected and so does the car.

Thinking this was my phone I upgraded to the Motorola Droid Rarz M. Similar problem, the phone works just fine, but "pause" flashes when trying to playback. The the interesting thing is that when someone calls my phone while trying to play back music, as soon as the call ends (using the bluetooth speakerphone) the audio then comes through over bluetooth.

I have had no luck with installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling the phone. Once in a while if the audio is playing on the phone and then the car is turned on, it will work but this might be one in ten times.

So is this a phone problem or a lexus bluetooth problem?

If there is already an answer to this question, could someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Are you on ICS or Jelly Bean on your Rarz M? I am Samsung Galaxy Note II and both phone and audio work great over bluetooth. The only I can't seem to do is downloading the phone book to the car. But other than that, I have no problem connecting over BT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do you have your device connected to the USB input as well? If so, your music may be played over the USB input, rather than over Bluetooth. This happens to me on my iPhone when I am using a sync cable to charge my phone using the USB input. If music is playing over the USB input, when you switch over to Bluetooth input, the radio display will show that something is playing, but there won't be any sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
387 Posts
running jellybean
Your Jellybean is an official upgrade for the phone? I think this problem has something to do with the implementation of AVRCP 1.3 in JB. If you revert back to ICS it would probably work. I had this same problem with my CM10 upgraded SII. It's been a while since I was thinking about it and traveling now, so I can't remember the details and not enough time to learn about it all again. If I remember right, something like Pandora would not play, but Google Play Music did work. Research AVRCP 1.3 and you can get a better picture of this pause problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts