Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think I may have found a small bug in the Lexus.

I have the non-nav version with the stereo paired with my iphone for both phone and bluetooth audio.

Just today, whilst listening to music through the car from the phone, i was skipping through tracks using the steering wheel skip button and the next track was purely silent. The display came up pause.......i kept pushing the button, music came on playing.....but the display still said pause :eek:

A quick reboot of the stereo fixes the problem, but I wonder if anyone else has come across this. Running iOS 4.2.1 if it helps.

Alan

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Haven't seen that yet.

We have satellite radio here and Pandora on the iPhone - so not much need to play iPod/iPhone music.

I will say the bluetooth works really well and the link is very clear.

I did try the ipod / iphone audio just to see if it connected OK - it did, haven't used steering wheel controls to change tracks.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Haven't seen that yet.

We have satellite radio here and Pandora on the iPhone - so not much need to play iPod/iPhone music.

I will say the bluetooth works really well and the link is very clear.

I did try the ipod / iphone audio just to see if it connected OK - it did, haven't used steering wheel controls to change tracks.
Just a tip...I have the Iphone too...still using a 3G from 3 years ago...I was just posting because you said you use Pandora...when you get a chance, check out Slacker Radio...similar to Pandora but MUCH better IMO.....you can also skip up to 6 song/hour, etc...I chose the paid version of Slacker and listen to it in my SUV more than I do XM Satellite. The mix of songs is better for any artist you select and if you do decide to do the paid version, you can go online and set up your own stations...awesome...and, choose only those songs or have it mix it up. I have nothing to do with Slacker but just recommending it...it's a FREE app on the Iphone and comes on Blackberry's too.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Just a tip...I have the Iphone too...still using a 3G from 3 years ago...I was just posting because you said you use Pandora...when you get a chance, check out Slacker Radio...similar to Pandora but MUCH better IMO.....you can also skip up to 6 song/hour, etc...I chose the paid version of Slacker and listen to it in my SUV more than I do XM Satellite. The mix of songs is better for any artist you select and if you do decide to do the paid version, you can go online and set up your own stations...awesome...and, choose only those songs or have it mix it up. I have nothing to do with Slacker but just recommending it...it's a FREE app on the Iphone and comes on Blackberry's too.
Thanks I'll check it out :):):):)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Unfortunately, I have the nav version and enhanced bluetooth, but in my Toyota Camry hybrid with bluetooth, what you describe would happen if I had Wi-fi active. If its on, try to disable it and see if the problem recurs!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's interesting as I do have WiFi on all the time. It would be annoying to have to turn it off everytime I drive.

There is definately a bug somewhere either in the Lexus or the iPhone as the car completely lost everything to do with my phone today and had to delete/re-pair all over again.

My radio reception is crap too, so maybe a dodgy stereo. I'm going to take it back to the dealer for there techies to look at.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That's interesting as I do have WiFi on all the time. It would be annoying to have to turn it off everytime I drive.

There is definately a bug somewhere either in the Lexus or the iPhone as the car completely lost everything to do with my phone today and had to delete/re-pair all over again.

My radio reception is crap too, so maybe a dodgy stereo. I'm going to take it back to the dealer for there techies to look at.
It's not only the iphone, galaxy s2 has the same problem =( I will try the wifi thing too tonight. Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an iPhone 3G and no matter how much I try I can't get the phone to play Blutooth audio. It will link for the telephone but if I try and connect audio it disconnects the phone. Even then if I try and play Blutooth audio it pretends to play but never puts out sound.

I definitely can't get both to link at once. If anyone has tips on THAT little problem (like a step-by-step walk through...I've gone through the manual about 5 times on this one and it's not working) I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exact same problem... So annoying...

Think I may have found a small bug in the Lexus.

I have the non-nav version with the stereo paired with my iphone for both phone and bluetooth audio.

Just today, whilst listening to music through the car from the phone, i was skipping through tracks using the steering wheel skip button and the next track was purely silent. The display came up pause.......i kept pushing the button, music came on playing.....but the display still said pause :eek:

A quick reboot of the stereo fixes the problem, but I wonder if anyone else has come across this. Running iOS 4.2.1 if it helps.

Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I spoke to the dealer about this issue.

If you start playing music on you phone after the bluetooth has already connected you may need to hit mode to switch to another source and come back to the bluetooth source. It will un-pause.

You cannot use any of the controls on the car audio except the volume buttons. If you do the player will pause. If you need to pause just use the phone/ bluetooth source player.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts