Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that's been talked about before but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm a newbie here and I was wondering if that set up would be decent for everyday commute. I've read about other people having Tanabe, BC, etc. For me, I just want a small drop but not loose too much of the stock feel. Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
My last car was an IS350 and I had fsport springs with the stock sport suspension shocks. The ride was slightly harsher than stock but it was significantly more bouncy especially at highway speeds. You would get the bobble head effect cruising at highway speeds. You can certainly do it but it's not going to give you a premium ride. Matching shocks with springs is always the way to go. Some will tell you otherwise but they also haven't felt a good suspension setup. I didn't realize my IS350 was bouncy until I rode in other cars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had my blue F sport springs installed with the OEM shocks and the ride is nearly identical. Additionally, cornering and body roll has greatly improved. I commute about 55 miles a day with this set up and I am really enjoying it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I just had my blue F sport springs installed with the OEM shocks and the ride is nearly identical. Additionally, cornering and body roll has greatly improved. I commute about 55 miles a day with this set up and I am really enjoying it.
It takes a little time for the bounce to occur but it will develop over time as the factory shocks wear out due to the shorter springs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts