Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 lexus ct200h. A/c is cold but blower motor isn't blowing strong. I seen a video where a guy replaces blower motor resistor. I tried to Google blower motor resistor for my ct200h but nothing. I think this issue started after I had head gasket problem and it was fixed. Anyone had the same problem? Any fix info. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you sure it’s the blower motor? I would first check your filter as it is easy and cheap. Then work your way through the system.

·
Registered
2016 CT200h F Sport, Silver Lining Metallic
22 Posts
When your press your fan button and try to ramp up the speed, does it indicate that it is trying to increase your speed?

Usually a blower resistor, when they go bad, will have the highest fan speed, but no other fan speeds. Is this what is happening? Or do you have no fan speeds...even max speed...at all?

I would disconnect the connector at the blower fan and test to see if you have voltage at your connector. One side should show voltage increasing as you increase the fan speed, the other side should be ground.

What does the wiring look like? You will have to push the seat all the way back, lower the passenger footrest under dash cover and peak up above.

Easiest solution would be to turn the fan on the highest setting and tap that blower motor with your fist...if the fan spins to life you know you have a bad blower motor.

Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When your press your fan button and try to ramp up the speed, does it indicate that it is trying to increase your speed?

Usually a blower resistor, when they go bad, will have the highest fan speed, but no other fan speeds. Is this what is happening? Or do you have no fan speeds...even max speed...at all?

I would disconnect the connector at the blower fan and test to see if you have voltage at your connector. One side should show voltage increasing as you increase the fan speed, the other side should be ground.

What does the wiring look like? You will have to push the seat all the way back, lower the passenger footrest under dash cover and peak up above.

Easiest solution would be to turn the fan on the highest setting and tap that blower motor with your fist...if the fan spins to life you know you have a bad blower motor.

Let us know what you find.
It does indicate that I'm going up to the highest speed but ita not pushing out air to the fast setting. I will do that and I will let you know what happens when I try it. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts