Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually going from a cursed Subaru WRX to a great 07 GMC Truck and maybe on to a CT. It is all going to depend on my test drive on Sunday. The car I will test drive actually has everything I want except the remote start. Bummer for them, they may have had a sale. Although not sure they'll care for selling a car to me.

I used to be a car sales person, so I am very picky about my test drives. Once around the block or on and off the freeway doesn't work. The esc/tcs on my mom's 05 Prius annoys me on acceleration, I know it gets set back on sport mode in the CT, any issues?

I know I won't get the acceleration of my Subie but if the handling will at least amuse me that may make the sale. A 300 mile round trip may be a regular occurrence 2-3 per month now so I don't think the truck is a good choice for this. 16 mpg! $100 per tank, it is now costing me $400-$500 per month in gas and will only get worse.

I know I can't stand the Prii. Have something against Kia's and Hyundai's and swore I'd never buy a Honda Civic. After riding in my cousin's Insight, decided that wouldn't work either.

Being a big fan of hatchback/wagons helps too. :D

Maybe some Sacramento area CT fans here?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Former car salesman? Would love to be the fly on the wall when you negotiate your purchase, would probably learn something. Let us know how much below MSRP you end up with.
I have to say if anybody ever gets laid off and needs temporary work it's a great learning experience. I only lasted a year due to honesty. They just wanted me to put up way too much BS. I refused. But it was decent money, learn the tricks of the trade and now I know how to save money on every car purchase. And if you ever decide to try, do NOT work at a Toyota or Honda dealership.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.