Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've seen a lot of threads with general information on how to wire up a dashcam. I have a homelink mirror equipped 2014 CT. What parts (links would be nice :)) will I need to wire it up and what is the best method to do so (a writeup with pics would be nice)?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think I'm gonna run my dashcam using a large battery that I will leave in the car and charge it when it's low as I drive. I'm not a big fan of hardwiring.

I understand there are a lot of videos online showing how to do this, though I doubt any cover the CT specifically. Hopefully someone's done this before and will chime in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm gonna run my dashcam using a large battery that I will leave in the car and charge it when it's low as I drive. I'm not a big fan of hardwiring.

I understand there are a lot of videos online showing how to do this, though I doubt any cover the CT specifically. Hopefully someone's done this before and will chime in.
Yeah, I wanted to avoid having to interact with it much. By the lack of posts, I'm guessing I'll just go with the wire tap method. BTW, how many miles are you at now and how many problems have you had so far?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, I wanted to avoid having to interact with it much. By the lack of posts, I'm guessing I'll just go with the wire tap method. BTW, how many miles are you at now and how many problems have you had so far?
The way I have my setup designed in my head is to have the battery sitting between the center console and the passenger seat using a temporary adhesive. I'd have the plugs on the battery visible so that once in a while, when the battery is low, I'd plug the cable in to charge it. Keep in mind I use two phones (personal + work) every day so I am constantly charging them in the car, so this isn't too much of an issue for me. I can see it being an issue for you if you want the "set it and forget it" approach, though. I just wanted to give you an alternate option, as a back up.

My car is currently just over 373k miles, and I still have no major issues. No repairs or anything. Looking forward to 400k!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts