Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a current 2010 White Pearl Prius model V owner starting my research for the next vehicle to grace my garage. I got an up close look at the 2014 CT at the Minneapolis auto show and it has peaked my interest. There are too many characteristics that I like about the CT to mention. I have yet to test drive. I love my current cars ability to sip gas but believe I may be willing to compromise a little(not a lot) for some luxury. I am by no means ready to let my Prius go quite yet but maybe by the next CT redesign I may be persuaded and therefore I like to do my homework to make sure I am making a good decision for 'me'.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You need a test drive and when you do find a dealer who lets you have the car all day. You don't learn much about the CT going around the block.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
info between V and CT

Comparison: 2010 Prius V to CT200h 2011 ( not sure all the changes to 2014)

Prius V:
JBL radio better than Premium CT200h
Radar cruIse, lane keep assist only available in top en d CT200h
Pre-collision system ( additional option on CT200h and very and very hard to get)
Advanced Parking Guidance system is not available,
More space: trunk and back seat passenger
Better MPG ( better aerodynamic .25 CD versus .29 CD)
Touch screen NAV
Blu tooth

Acceleration about the same ( in power mode Prius V feels faster slightly than CT200h in Sport mode)
Less expensive, but not by that much.
LED headlights, manual turn on

CT200h:
More comfortable, even Nulux seats
Quieter
Electric driver seat –can get memory seating with leather package
rain sensing wipers
more aesthetic dash and gauges
Sport mode goes to red and show tachometer _ as if that is really needed with a 0-60 time of 9.8 and an ECVT automatic—more gimmick than anything
Mouse nav, no touch screen – some people like the mouse control
blu tooth
More aesthetic exterior look; Lexus Prestige but still very entry level in luxury world.
Standard Halogen headlights, can get HID with package – auto on/off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow midcow3! Thank you for the research jump start. Yes it will be a tough decision. I made a similar pros/cons list when deciding between a VW Passat and an Audi A4 back in 2001 (the Passat won). I definitely will look less at the brand and more about the bang for the buck and how the overall package fits me. I may not be the typical luxury brand buyer but I figure when I favor the high end of the Prius it is probably worth a look into my perceived next level up. Just part of my process when planning to part with my $$$.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To add a little, the F Sport package is pretty. The CT200 handles better by a lot. CT is much more solid/rigid. The Prius is hard to look at which rules it out for many, it sure did for me.
The Prius V key advantage is size.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For me, I like the display right in front of me, with all the prius you have to get use to looking at the center. That took me awhile to get use too when I had my prius.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts