Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting really annoyed with the battery smell. Is anyone else getting this? Best I can describe the smell is that it smells like a combination of vinegar and stinky feet. Happens once ever other week. In order to get rid of it quicker, I have to shut the AC system off and roll down all the windows.

NEVER, ever, got a smell like this in my 04 Prius!

·
Registered
53 Posts
What makes you think that is a battery smell? From what you describe, it sounds like maybe mold is growing in your vents.
I wouldn't think it is the heater core in a car this new, and the fact you said it smells like feet. I'm leaning toward mold in the air duct.

Let us know what they find.

·
Registered
648 Posts
This is a common problem with AC systems in cars. You have mold somewhere in your system and then when you turn the AC on, it blows moldy air into the car. Start with changing the cabin air filter (located in the glove box). If that doesn't fix it, then you may have to get things cleaned out professionally (ie at the dealer).

·
Registered
352 Posts
It is the dampness of the vents that causes some mold growth after the system is turned off. Whenever I use the AC, I always shut it off several minutes before my destination but keep the blower on to dry off and equalize the temperature to prevent condensation in the vents.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is the dampness of the vents that causes some mold growth after the system is turned off. Whenever I use the AC, I always shut it off several minutes before my destination but keep the blower on to dry off and equalize the temperature to prevent condensation in the vents.
I turn off the AC but leave the fan on as well. I hate that mold smell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bringing this back up. Same issue, but it doesn't smell like feet. I have a feeling it has something to do with the heated seats? Or sometimes I get the smell when I accelerate hard. Any thoughts? Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts