Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I didn’t drive my car for about a week and didn’t start it, I was not surprised that it didn’t start. Are used my portable charger but it did not turn over on the boost. I called Mechanic and they said it could be the alternator. Do you think that’s what it is? My car is a 2012 with almost 70,000 miles. Thank you very much for your response

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have left mine for a month while away and never had a problem with the battery when I get back. If yours went flat after a week, was something left on that would drain it? Either way, a 5 month old battery should not fail so quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have left mine for a month while away and never had a problem with the battery when I get back. If yours went flat after a week, was something left on that would drain it? Either way, a 5 month old battery should not fail so quickly.
The overhead light could have been left on- my Saint Bernard gets out last and sometimes switches it on with his big head. But on the phone the mechanic mentioned it could be the alternator. Triple A would have to tow it to them and it’s a 40 minute drive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Because I didn’t drive my car for about a week and didn’t start it, I was not surprised that it didn’t start. Are used my portable charger but it did not turn over on the boost. I called Mechanic and they said it could be the alternator. Do you think that’s what it is? My car is a 2012 with almost 70,000 miles. Thank you very much for your response
Alternator? No alternator in ct200h
Mg motor generator.
You need to check the 12v battery
It's probably too low.
So pls disconnect the minus 12v battery
Connection
Instead the battery pls connect the booster.
And check if all is running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alternator? No alternator in ct200h
Mg motor generator.
You need to check the 12v battery
It's probably too low.
So pls disconnect the minus 12v battery
Connection
Instead the battery pls connect the booster.
And check if all is running.
I just got up to go to work and car won’t start says auxiliary battery low. Guess I could jump it if I can find auxiliary battery. Help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the auxiliary battery. Anyone know if there is a remote jump spot? As it’s a tight fit not sure I can jump it

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just got up to go to work and car won’t start says auxiliary battery low. Guess I could jump it if I can find auxiliary battery. Help
Open the rear cargo door
Take out cover storage located
On the car floor..
On right side you will see the aux
Battery.
Be careful not to damage anything.
Disconnect the black cable
10mm wrench.
If you don't have any diy experience
Avoid the job, or look and read , its inside
Owners manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts