Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchase my 2013 CT200h two days ago. I've noticed that if I drive 10 minutes to the store that when I come back out the car will not go into EV mode because the battery is too low. I'm getting about 34 mpg. This seems low to me. I changed display to watch the battery go up and down constantly when I drive.. Do I have cause for concern?

·
Registered
312 Posts
If you drive slow enough, the car will use the electric motors and not the engine, as long as the battery has power to keep this going. If you park right before the battery is near empty, it won't go into EV mode because it will need recharging first. You should notice the engine running to recharge it for a while untill it's back up.

EV mode seems only accessibe when there's enough power in the battery. Maybe your drive is just enough to drain the battery by the time you arrive at the store? Or are you seeing something else happening?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not driving slow. So im not sure what is going on. the battery just seems to drain quickly. but sincei bought this used, im not sure what is normal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
How many miles does the car have? What part of the country are you in? Most likely it's just the battery doing it normal cycling. I've found that EV mode is very finicky and really has no purpose in the car because its basically unusable in any normal driving applications. My hybrid battery died last year on my 2011, but I have a ton of miles and live in las vegas (heat is a killer of these batteries). Most likely there's no concern. I was lucky to have someone who had techstream and would check my cells for free, but that's not a luxury most people have. 2013 seems to new to be having any real issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts