Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the Bamboo dash panel accessory trim look with black interior ?

·
Registered
180 Posts
This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but in a nut shell, It comes down to personal taste. Some have said it looks good, others not. A couple of specific comments are that it's too yellow and/or having just this one small piece of wood looks out of place! I'm still considering it, but the "sliver of wood" argument seems valid to me. Perhaps we should both go take a look at our respective dealers.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This has been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but in a nut shell, It comes down to personal taste. Some have said it looks good, others not. A couple of specific comments are that it's too yellow and/or having just this one small piece of wood looks out of place! I'm still considering it, but the "sliver of wood" argument seems valid to me. Perhaps we should both go take a look at our respective dealers.
Thanks Scott for the response. I thought I had looked for previous discussions, but I guess I didn't look back far enough.

Okay looked back mixed opinions - I see Matt has bamboo on black --I like Matt's setup :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, I installed the bamboo trim panel last night! I finally decided that it would complement the Daybreak Yellow exterior. It looks good, but be careful installing it. I protected the silver trim above it by running pieces of note pad paper along the entire top seam. Start by pulling on the inside end of the trim panel (the thin end) until you can get the tip of the pry tool into the gap along the bottom edge, then "pop" the first clip. Then, carefully run the pry tool along the gap and pop the other clips loose as you come to them. Once again, be careful, there are several delicate looking guide tabs along the bottom edge of the silver trim piece that you won't want to damage. The trim panel inserts INTO the silver trim piece, which is attached to the dashboard fairly permanently! Snapping the new panel into place is pretty easy, but you will have to apply some force. They will just "pop" into place suddenly! I worked backwards, starting at the outermost (fat end) until I was done. :)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Do a search of the forum I posted a video how to install probably March or April.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you guys recommend buying the pry tool for install? Seems like $20 is a lot for the tool and something else could be used from around the house?

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I just used my fingers and pulled up and out from the bottom of the trim piece.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool, thanks for the quick reply Matt! I'm new to the forum, but have read a lot of posts and it looks like you're the Yoda of this site! Haha. On a separate note, are your license plate LED's pictured on here 5K or 6K? I see there is an option LuxuryMods website to choose (if you pick the 3SMD individually). I'm trying to match the OEM color temp on the IS/ES. I also see some people went with the 2SMD, but I don't see those available on their site (sent Tony an email, waiting for reply)...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Noticed there's a picture of the bamboo dash trim with black interior in the Lexus catalog. I think it looks great! I have the black headliner, so I think it'll really stand out.

lexus-ct-2013-gallery-CT-385_1280x768.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts