Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm on the fence also. I've got the black Nuluxe. I'm thinking the Ash Burl. I'm not into the Bamboo at all. But I worry that only adding that one piece of "wood" would actually look strange, so i'm also considering the Metallic... Darn... decisions...

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is the best choice for the dash insert with a black Nuluxe interior?
According to Lexus catalog images, the combinations are: light leather + bamboo, black leather + ash burl.

metallic insert is "neutral" and perfectly fits to any interior color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in the exact decision making situation. I'm not adverse to Bamboo but it could look yellow and be the only thing of color in the entire interior of the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not adverse to Bamboo but it could look yellow and be the only thing of color in the entire interior of the car.
i saw the ash wood insert (with black leather interior) on the dealer promo car and may say - look nice. not so bright, like bamboo and not so dark like metal. wood makes interior more "warm", meanwhile metal more "cold",

anyway it's only my IMO :D my CT is yellow with light gray leather, so bamboo looks totally amazing!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I have a black leather interior and have the bamboo dash insert. it looks great the contrast is striking and it's not too yellow at all.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I am in the exact decision making situation. I'm not adverse to Bamboo but it could look yellow and be the only thing of color in the entire interior of the car.
I agree. I ordered the bamboo trim and found it to be too yellow and too much of a contrast with the black dash and gray headliner. It really looked weird with my Ecru interior. Luckily CTChat.com exchanged it for me for the Metallic trim. I like it because it is subtle and accents the interior. If there were other places in the car with the wood trim, bamboo and ash would make sense, but alone..... not so much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree. I ordered the bamboo trim and found it to be too yellow and too much of a contrast with the black dash and gray headliner. It really looked weird with my Ecru interior. Luckily CTChat.com exchanged it for me for the Metallic trim. I like it because it is subtle and accents the interior. If there were other places in the car with the wood trim, bamboo and ash would make sense, but alone..... not so much.
My vehicle was delivered with the bamboo trim and it looked awful and so out of place! I refused to drive it out of the showroom until they replaced with the more natural one that blended in with the black leather dash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts