Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the CT200 I’ve been looking for a couple months back down in Charleston. Fortunate my Brother worked at the Hendrick dealership to help me get my hands on the wheel and ass in the seat. Car had barely 20k miles on it, very lucky find. I’m going all out just like i do with all cars i purchase. I like the HPS short ram because it’s a short tube and straight with no curves, of course i did the Quantum Solenoid and was fortunate enough to get one of the last HKS Legamax Premium quad catbacks in the country from Vivid Racing. I added Geomet slotted/dimpled rotors and R1 Concept carbon pads, blue f-sport tire valve covers and painted the caliper covers blue with G2 caliper paint. The last edition was from Pedal Commander....WOW. It amazed me what Pedal Commander did. I love this car, and even with my heavy foot I’m getting a true 43-44 mpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
23 Posts
Wow you've done so many things already! I've only had mine a month, and I"ve only driven it once LOL. Still reading the manuals before I start digging into all of the forum threads about what can be done to the car. I've heard of the Quantum Solenoid and Pedal Commander so far but have no idea what those are. I wonder if the intake makes any difference? Probably with the other mods. Exhaust looks nice, but I wouldn't want one since it's a CVT and hybrid. Seats look great though, is that stock?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that’s the stock seats. In 2016 they made approximately 500 Special Edition Atomic Silver F-sports. Black wheels, black roof, seats and color. I’m sure all of the mods make a lil difference but i will say the Pedal Commander surprised me in very positive ways. When I’m just puttin around down the exhaust sounds like a car that should have 350+ hp. I really enjoy that car, even with the lack of power it runs really well and in the mtns i live there are many cars that should blow my doors off that don’t stay within reading my tag distance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell me more about the Quantum Solenoid. Seems like everyone is getting that lately!
yea, i read reviews on the Quantum from several forums other than CT200 forum. Everyone seemed to like results for the price. I’m not going to say i got 10hp or 8lbs torque but my 0-20mph acceleration improved substantially. After i added the pedal commander my 0-60 i feel has improved. I will verify my thoughts soon.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H F Sport Ultrasonic Blue
11 Posts
What’s the difference beside the price on the Quantum Solenoid vs Red bullet VVT?

Both seem to do the same thing.

·
Registered
668 Posts
From pictures they look exactly the same. Exactly. Given that Quantum is out of California and Red Bullet is out of Taiwan, and Red Bullet is half the cost, well, I'll let you make your own conclusions...

Pains me to say it but given the difference in cost I would probably buy the cheaper one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From pictures they look exactly the same. Exactly. Given that Quantum is out of California and Red Bullet is out of Taiwan, and Red Bullet is half the cost, well, I'll let you make your own conclusions...

Pains me to say it but given the difference in cost I would probably buy the cheaper one.
But isn’t quantum actually out of Taiwan, California is just the North American distributor? I’m not familiar with Red Bullet but I’m very satisfied with my Quantum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts