Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just thought I would humor you with an update of my CT purchase.

I work at a Lexus dealer, and when I decided to get a CT a couple weeks ago, I located one from another Lexus inventory that was the color combo and equipment I was looking for.

Long story short, the car was supposed to arrive on the transporter last Thursday, and did so overnight. So Friday morning I was obviously excited pulling into work in the morning, and I knew I'd see my CT waiting for me in the parking lot.

I pull up next to it and park my car so i can send a pic of the new ride to my fiance. Get out of my car and walk around to the passenger side of the CT to see that it is wrecked ALL the way down the side!

Apparently, the transport driver was cut off on the highway and was forced to swerve into a cement divider on the interstate, wrecking an entire side of his truck as well as an entire side of a brand new Lexus...

Needless to say, I was unhappy, but calmed down throughout the day. I was able to locate another identical car, and I suppose Lexus will be disposing of the wrecked CT at the expense of the transporter's insurance!

So now I wait until Wednesday for the next one to show up (unharmed hopefully)!

· Registered
383 Posts
soooooo....what are they doing with the wrecked one? I need some interior parts :)

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't the slightest clue as to what Lexus plans to do with the car, all I know is that I didn't want that one any more! LOL

The damage isn't extremely severe, but it covers multiple body panels. I'm not sure what the manufacturer's protocol would be in such a situation.

The last time I leased a vehicle (2011 Chevy Cruze RS) it got hit in a parking lot when it had 600 miles on it. I was obviously pissed that my brand new ride had to have a bunch of body and paint work, but that's one reason I was happy to have leased as opposed to purchased. Now Ally/GM can deal with the depreciated value to due a scar on the vehicle's history!

My CT should be in by Wednesday, I'm more anxious every day when I have to drive my Cruze to work at a Lexus store. I delivered a CT to a very nice guy today and I jokingly told him I was pissed that he got his before I got mine, lol.

· Registered
93 Posts
At least you weren't the one who wrecked it. Since they probably can't seel it as "new" because of the damage even though it is new. After repair it could go out to one of those automotive auctions to be sold that way.

· Registered
216 Posts
I'm glad you are still getting the car you want! and the wait is almost over !

· Registered
609 Posts
At least you weren't the one who wrecked it. Since they probably can't seel it as "new" because of the damage even though it is new. After repair it could go out to one of those automotive auctions to be sold that way.
I think it depends on the state and how much is the damage. For the state of MO, where OP is from, there seem to be no new car damage disclosure law, so they will probably just repair it and sell it as new:

New Car Damage Disclosures: Interactive Map :: LawServer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.