Lexus CT200h Forums banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Absolutely, our fuel is not as clean as yours. In fact i mention as to this in a previous post, and also recommended fuel injector cleaner monthly..

our gas stations over here are not all that clean in certain areas either, and I remarked to stay away from older stations.. ? water in tanks ?

See folks- water in gas can also take out your plugs with what we call Flashing, this leaves sediment remnants of the water minerals on our plugs that foul them out..

Thanks for the point-out on your location stormchaser, I wasn’t aware, we can only hope our petroleum distillates become as clean as yours ? but I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon..
Post proof of this seeing all gas stations are certified. Change the fuel filter every so often is a great idea. Our gas is super clean here every gas station in America by now passes federal mandated tank replacements or they are out of business. I would NEVER, EVER recommend injector cleaners. Additives are just money makers. Change the plugs yourself takes 15 min. Change the fuel filters every so often too. I've changed four in 50k miles more from age than needing it. (2012) Google US gas vs Europe. Some ridiculous comments made here.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would NEVER, EVER recommend injector cleaners. Additives are just money makers..
Really
And your reasons being?
We at Lexus have a fuel system cleaner and injector cleaner. We use this when servicing customers cars.
You show me where there are 2 fuel filters on a CT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
After my gasket replacement, problem solved. Got my gasket changed after reading the forum. The crazy noise and studding started during cold “soak”. That’s when these symptoms happen. After it initially goes away after 10-15 seconds, it doesn’t come back until the car is allowed to cool down and not driven for several hours. Gasket Masters did the replacement and they came to my home and finished in 3-4 hours. Check them out on YouTube. These guys in the Northern California Bay Area were just awesome. I highly recommend them. They ensured the area was clean before and after the work was completed. Used torque wrenches everywhere, cleaned the Intake and attached their diagnostic tool to ensure the car was functioning properly - temperature was stabilizing (shows the thermostat working) - and the hybrid battery was still functioning well. I also watched them use their straight-edge to determine if the head was warped (it wasn’t -phew). Their price is a steal considering what a dealer will charge for this service. That was my gasket (pictured) and the red area is where the coolant seeped through. You can see that the other cylinders didn’t have any breakage that allowed the coolant to leak into the cylinders. Noted that like their YouTube videos mention, when the head was removed, that the affected cylinder was absolutely clean compared to the other 3 with their carbon build up of an engine with 135,000 miles. Highly recommend These guys.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts