Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
432 Posts
Try filling your oil midway between the high and low marks. For some reason I no longer get the rough start since my last oil change and I didn't fill up to the high mark. I was getting rough start twice a year on cold mornings. I use genuine Toyota filter without the "blow-by caps" and use Mobil 1 oil.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
432 Posts
A bad head gasket may or may not be the cause of the banging and clunking, but it will be the end result if you let it go on. This guy may have been at the very beginning of it and in his particular situation the gasket was not damaged YET. I am curious though how a exhaust cooling system would cause the car to misfire. If the pipes are clogged, it would just let all the exhaust exit without cooling. Also, such a clogged system would throw a code due to certain conditions being detected by the 02 sensors. Absent this code, I would not waste time cleaning the coolers and pipes.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
432 Posts
Same 💯 exactly 💯 issue. 2012 ct200h -just over 100k miles.
My car has Been at lexus for 3 days. Paying the $199 for diagnostic visit with every intention to take the info they give me and find a mechanic. I didn't know it's be this much! Any advice?
Did you try gasket masters? They may have the service in your area. They charge like 1800

1 - 4 of 4 Posts