Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Decent fit for two child seats

Had my 7-year old son on the booster seat on one end and 5-year old daughter in her full-facing seat in the back. You have to place the seats closest outward to have enough clearance to lock the seat belt in. A minor nuissance is kids feet lightly touch back of front seats and they can reach over to each other. Check out the pics. But overall, not too bad. I'm considering going on a long trip with wife and kids instead of our Venza to save 60% on gas, but the key ingredient to any successful long trip, regardless of how large the back seat is, is the hookup of the portable DVD at the back!;)

For the trunk (and rear seats up), buy one of those light portable collapsible strollers (usually under 25$) which takes a lot less space than the daily bigger collapsible strollers which has the bottom grocery shelf basket, cup holders, dual wheels at each corner, etc :D and you can still fit a large suitcase + smaller one, with maybe a bag or two to crunch in the nooks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, it's doable. And note in the pic you can still clip on the belt in the latch. The engineers did a good job with placing them to the center as much as possible to ensure a car seat would not cover them.

I had an old TL as a winter car with a roomier back seat (about 3 inches more legroom and 1 inch wider in backseat width), but the belt latches were placed too far outward from the center position resulting in the car seats sitting on them. Everytime the kids had to buckle themselves, I'd have to help pull the seat outward to clear the latch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Jase, personally if it meant between the car seat and the CT, please make the right choice and get the CT. Surely you can buy a new rear-facing car seat that might be smaller to fit! Good luck ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
We got the Venza as the family hauler, but the CT has more than proven itself with the kids in the back seat and dare I say for a long trip. We'll be trying it to Montreal (600km) at Easter weekend to visit family.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.