Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
This would have been the model/option I preferred, but none were available.

I take it this is off a new 'batch' of CT's that came from the Jersey port recently? How long does that usually take (from arrival to port to dealership)? Or, is that dependent on filling up the truck to full capacity before it gets transported?

·
Registered
71 Posts
The customer ended up purchasing a Prius & never notified us.
That is not true. This was my car. The dealer offered me an extremely low offer on my trade in. This was after doing a significant amount of business with them over the last 10 years, including recommendations to friends & family. So I guess that relationship is over.

So if you have cash, go for it, otherwise in my opinion expect to be low-balled on your trade.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Disregard my last post...I just saw the other thread titled: Vehicle processing time at port of entry

But, what makes me curious is...if a vehicle arrived at the port on April 5, why is it still not here yet?? Oh well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The delivery was the one problem we had in purchase. Our car sat at the port for weeks for no apparent reason. Delivery date kept getting pushed back as Lexus was supposedly a cluster due to the earthquake and trying to figure out how to allocate the vehicles to dealerships.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i had a similar situation , the dealer tired to LOW BALL me for my car but at the end i made give me what i want for my car. i told them " to you it might not be worth this price since your a dealer and see deals all the time, but to someone else this is a one of kind car they cant wait to have and will pay top dollar or it" soon as i said this , the sales man says let me talk to my used car manager , at this point i was ready to walk out if they didnt give me what i wanted.

they offered me 22,000
then went to 25,000 i told them stop playing games and give me what is worth and what i want for this car.
then they paid off my whole car 26,700.72

suckers!

When you buy a car no matter what the supply and demand is, you are the client/customer and customer is king!!! Unless your broke and have no credit, then this will be hard. lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
jeeesus you guys are spoiled!
You complaining over that you dont get enough for your used car from a dealer? Seriously, they cant loose money on an insecure deal (buying a used car is a ****ty bussines, costs money in storage, is insecure and they will need some mariginals to make it a bit safe). Sell it privatly if you want to get the cutoff that the dealer is heading for. You have two choices, selling the car by your self and taking the risk but also benefiting from the the profit, or you take the easy way by letting the dealer doing the work, taking the risk and therefore offcorse deserving some profits for it.

You reserved a car without securing the whole deal and then pulling it back cause you expected to get more for your old car.. darn, shame on you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Ace, I'm sure they made a good bit off you on the back end. IE "hidden fees" or points on the loan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.