Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The design of the charger and USB port area is pretty stupid. You have to keep that little door open to use it, so you never get to have a neat looking vehicle as long as you're using your iPod. The door won't close because the USB sticks up to far, and there's no outlet for the wire. Has anyone come up with a solution, perhaps an aftermarket door for that area that can be snapped on and off. It would need a convex design to bow up over the height of the USB, and a small side hole or notch to feed the wire through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I saw someone installed the usb cable in the arm rest, not sure where I saw that. I agree it's kinda dumb, but I use bluetooth, so doesn't bother me as much. If I really need to charge my phone, I'm probably going to want to keep it out anyway, so it makes sense there.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Search the forum, as there as been a thread or two based on mini-USBs that members have purchased that fit with the door closed. And if I recall they pack a lot of memory too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
A Lacie Moskeyto usb drive fits and the port door can be closed over it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
But all of those "solutions" beg the question. I already have an IPhone with an IPod built into it and I don't want to transfer stuff to a thumb drive. I would like to connect my Iphone to the power source without having to keep the door open. I am thinking of dropping a couple of wires to the passenger side of the console and putting either a USB or lighter socket there. The wires from the Iphone would hang over the side, the door would shut and it would look much neater. If there was a USB connector that permitted the door to shut that might be easier. Is there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts