Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a button on the left side for what appears to be automatic wipers. I finally got to drive in rain in SoCal and it doesn't appear to do anything. Does anyone know how it works? If it's not automatic wipers, then what is it for? The button light comes on but I don't notice anything happening at all. I've tried all settings on the wipers with the button on but it doesn't seem to do anything.

·
Registered
246 Posts
left side?

you mean near where the gas tank cap is?

i think its for the heated windshield which is useless for you guys in socal since winter does not exist in people's vocabularies over there lol

but best to check your manual, or post a pic of the symbol since im just guessing; since the auto sensing wiper controls are on the wiper stick to the right of the steering wheel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
left side?

you mean near where the gas tank cap is?

i think its for the heated windshield which is useless for you guys in socal since winter does not exist in people's vocabularies over there lol

but best to check your manual, or post a pic of the symbol since im just guessing; since the auto sensing wiper controls are on the wiper stick to the right of the steering wheel
Oh yes you're right, I just checked the manual and it looks like it's the symbol for Windshield Wiper De-icer. Thanks! Could have sworn the dealer told me it was automatic wipers, but I should have known better than to listen to them for anything.

·
381 Posts
Check the wiper stalk. It'll say Auto one click down if equipped. You'll also have a big *** sensor on the windshield above the rearview.

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMG_20150611_160921.jpg
Pix on the left side for "auto 0n" for light, on the right side for "auto on" wiper , too tight for me to take a pix, it's there for 2015 model, just play around with it, All work

·
Registered
313 Posts
There's a button on the left side for what appears to be automatic wipers. I finally got to drive in rain in SoCal and it doesn't appear to do anything. Does anyone know how it works? If it's not automatic wipers, then what is it for? The button light comes on but I don't notice anything happening at all. I've tried all settings on the wipers with the button on but it doesn't seem to do anything.
By any chance do you have the factory LED headlight option? I do, and I have only one button on the left side above where the gas cap button is, and it's the manual headlight washer activator. My windshield de-icer is only available through the A/C controls on my infotainment screen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts