Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...so when i press AUTO the A/C light comes on which makes sense. But when I increase the temperature to like 85 degrees, the A/C light stays on. Normally you do not run the A/C compressor when running the heat.

I think I saw one of the custom settings would keep the A/C off until you press AUTO 2 times.

Can someone explain this set-up?

·
Registered
81 Posts
AC doesn't mean it is only cooling the air. AC controls the level of moisture in the air, too. So, when you defrost your windows, despite using heat to do this, the AC should also be on because it prevents the moisture in the air you are bringing into the cabin from fogging the windows.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Dehumidifies

Jeffp, Quentin is right but to further clarify and take it a step further, and air conditioner does two things (1) cools and (2) dehumidifies. Dehumidifies means that it reduces the humidity and in the case of defrosting this is important because it lowers the dew point such that moisture does not form on the inside of your window and in effect "defogs" and clears your window so that you can see. :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
The auto climate controls I've dealt with all indicate that the AC is on when in "auto" mode. In some cases, the system might engage it automatically when needed, but it's more likely that the AC is on all the time.

I've found that when it's cool outside, that the "auto" setting (with AC on) in the CT gets quite cold! :( I've never encountered this problem with other automatic systems. I turn off the AC manually in this situation and the system stays in "auto" otherwise. Actually, I think that my '91 Supra's climate control worked the same way, which is what made me start turning the AC on and off manually based on the current need; it works well this way!

In my Boxster, if I turn off the AC manually, the system exits auto mode. The Boxster's climate control system maintains correct temperature in all situations, however! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
One thing use noticed and don't like is -when I have system off but fresh air on,it seems the system is still regulating the air.what I mean is, on a chilly morning , I'm trying to bring in the colder all into the car by the fresh air vents,it send as if its warm/ hot air coming in?

When I use a/c the temp setting is on 79, but when turned off it seems as if system is warming air cause outside temps are cooling.

How do I bring cooler fresh air into car without opening window ?

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
One thing use noticed and don't like is -when I have system off but fresh air on,it seems the system is still regulating the air.what I mean is, on a chilly morning , I'm trying to bring in the colder all into the car by the fresh air vents,it send as if its warm/ hot air coming in?

When I use a/c the temp setting is on 79, but when turned off it seems as if system is warming air cause outside temps are cooling.

How do I bring cooler fresh air into car without opening window ?

Thanks
I believe you lower the climate air temp to match that of the outside temperature or even lower. Then you would have cooler outside air rather than the warmed up 79 degree engine air coming from the vent. For example, if the outside temp is 65 as seen in your display, set climate to 65 or lower without turning on a/c. Then you should have cooler air.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
ok...so when i press AUTO the A/C light comes on which makes sense. But when I increase the temperature to like 85 degrees, the A/C light stays on. Normally you do not run the A/C compressor when running the heat.

I think I saw one of the custom settings would keep the A/C off until you press AUTO 2 times.

The factory setting for some reason has it set so that when you hit "AUTO", regardless of the temp you set it for, the A/C automatically goes on. You can change this setting yourself, takes 2 minutes to do. I luckily figured this out on my own a few weeks ago, as the A/C turning on all the time got annoying.

You need to be sitting in Park with you car on, and use the right steering wheel control button. Go to "Settings" and scroll thru, you'll find it. Good luck!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe you lower the climate air temp to match that of the outside temperature or even lower. Then you would have cooler outside air rather than the warmed up 79 degree engine air coming from the vent. For example, if the outside temp is 65 as seen in your display, set climate to 65 or lower without turning on a/c. Then you should have cooler air.
So, your telling me I have to turn system on adjust temp setting ,then turn back off and touch fresh air button? Sounds stupid,but I guess I have no choice

·
Registered
324 Posts
I always have the A/C on auto and use it for cooling and heating (Jag).
If I put it on Auto the passenger can not control the temperature on their side independently.
Hope I can do this on the CT when it arrives.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Customizing A/C and how to enable/disable A/C compressoer

The factory setting for some reason has it set so that when you hit "AUTO", regardless of the temp you set it for, the A/C automatically goes on. You can change this setting yourself, takes 2 minutes to do. I luckily figured this out on my own a few weeks ago, as the A/C turning on all the time got annoying.

You need to be sitting in Park with you car on, and use the right steering wheel control button. Go to

Settings" and scroll thru, you'll find it. Good luck!
There are four customizations for A/C , non involve a 2 button "AUTO" push

You can customize your CT so that when you turn "AUTO" on the
air conditioning compressor does not automatically come on. You can also
disable automatic switching of air intake. You can also disable air
conditioning in the "ECO" mode; dealer has to make this change.

Having said all of that in "AUTO" mode you can disable/enable the Air
Conditioning compressor, by pressing the "A/C" button. When it is
green it is enabled; press it again and it disables. It is a toggle switch. On
the "nav" screen you can also enable/disable. It doesn't matter how
you have set the customization A/C options.

As you will soon discover using the A/C in hot climates reduces your mpg :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts