Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you leave the remote in your pocket and open the locked driver's door by pulling on the handle, you probably already know that it only unlocks the driver's door. I wanted to be able to unlock all the doors when I pulled on the driver's door handle, so I went into RTFM mode. Best I could determine is that in order for the car to do what I wanted it to do, the change would have to be made by the dealer; it wasn't something I could do myself. I was correct.

I took the car to the dealer the next day for an unrelated issue. While there I explained to the service manager what I wanted. No problemo, he said. He got into the driver's seat, drove the car into the shop area and re-emerged 10 minutes later. When he got out, he touched the front of the door handle that locked the car, handed me the remote, told me to put it in my pocket, then enter the car. When I touched the door handle, I heard all four doors unlock, which is exactly what I wanted. What puzzles me is why Toyota/Lexus didn't design the CT so I could program the change without the assistance of the dealer.
2006 Acura MDX
2001 Honda Gold Wing

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
You can do this yourself by going into settings.

I did this in my wife's car - same issue we wanted all doors to open when driver opens d-door.

The logic is there to make several changes to the factory preset values.

Just need to read the relevant section of the manual and decide how you want things to perform - light settings, delays, doors etc..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do this yourself by going into settings.

I did this in my wife's car - same issue we wanted all doors to open when driver opens d-door.

The logic is there to make several changes to the factory preset values.

Just need to read the relevant section of the manual and decide how you want things to perform - light settings, delays, doors etc..
Does your wife's car have Nav?

If I read the Owner's Manual correctly, the Customizable Features section that starts on page 686 says that some features can be made by the owner on CTs that have Navigation, while owners of CTs without Nav need to have the dealer make some of the changes. My CT doesn't have Nav.

The table on page 691 that deals with unlocking the driver's door alone or all four doors by touching the driver's door handle is ambiguous. The circles in columns 3 and 4 seem to indicate that I can make the change using the DISP switch and that I need to have the dealer do it. I had no luck making the change using the DISP switch.

When I asked my dealer's service manager about making the change so all four doors would unlock when I touched the door handle instead of just the driver's door and told him that is what I wanted, it seems logical he would have done it himself then and there if it was possible to do so using the DISP switch. Instead, he said he had to take the car into the mechanics' bay. He returned 15 minutes or so later with the unlocking mechanism set up like I wanted it. I suppose it's possible that this was a charade because he didn't want to admit that he didn't know how to use the DISP switch to change the programming, but the inference was that it was necessary to hook something up to the car's computer.

Whatever the case, the car is now set up like I want it, so I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
:D:D:D:D

No I don't have navigation but the option is detailed on page 688 of owners manual

DRIVER DOORLINKED UNLOCK

1 - Vehicles with a navigation system: Settings that can be changed using
the screen of the navigation system
2 - Vehicles with a navigation system: Settings that can be changed using
the “DISP” switch
3 - Vehicles without a navigation system: Settings that can be changed
using the “DISP” switch
4 - Settings that can be changed by your Lexus dealer

(All doors are automatically unlocked when driver’s door is opened)
Default Setting is Off
Customized Setting is On

Definition of symbols: O = Available, – =Not available

1 - O
2 - –
3 - O
4 - O

As you can see from the table our vehicle is category 3 and the option is available to be changed using the DISP switch, maybe the service manager didn't know how to make the change.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Andy
Good to know - where is that feature detailed?
TIA
Kevin

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Andy
Good to know - where is that feature detailed?
TIA
Kevin
Kevin,

I haven't seen it listed in any books, it is a "trick" one of the tech's here taught me. I have not had a chance to confirm it on a CT yet... But all other Smart Key cars have worked doing this.

If you want to try it out. Open your drivers side window ( so you can hear the beep and see the display), close all the doors. Standing outside the drivers door, press and hold BOTH the lock and unlock button at the same time for about 5 seconds. In the display, you should see it show you changing the lock preference from Drivers Door only to all doors. Do the same procedure again to switch it back.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks LexusGuy. That trick worked! All doors now open once I touch the driver's door handle. However, I can see why (for safety reasons ) the CT's come from the dealer preset to open only the drivers side door.

·
Registered
134 Posts
LexusGuy, it worked! I wish I knew of this with my previous 08' IS. I never liked taking the keyfob out of my pocket and double-clicking the open button to open all four, especially in the winter with gloves on...

I love it now. No more opening the driver's door and pressing the unlock switch to open the rear door every day when I place my bag behind the front seat! Just slide my hand in the driver's door handle, and all four unlock. :D:D:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have set with the car that it will auto unlock upon shifting the gear selector.

ShiftLinked LOCK does not work
Shift to Park UNLOCK works
Speed sensitive/linked LOCK does not work also.

Is there a fuse for such feature?

Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
Thanks guys/girls...

Got it working now. Here is what I did for my 2015 Ct with NAV.... on NAV screen , go to SET UP , then select VEHICLE , then select CUSTOMIZATION or something like that , then DOOR LOCK , then select UNLOCK ALL DOORS

Now I just touch the driver's side handle ... all doors UNLOCKED

·
Registered
313 Posts
There's an app called Carista that lets you access all the adjustable settings that you usually can't access yourself, and would otherwise need the dealer to adjust.

It's called Carista, and costs $20 to save settings. It also reads fault codes. All you need to use it is a bluetooth OBD2 scanner, which you can get online for around $20 minimum for a good one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts