Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of HID lights, 35W kit from DDM tuning. I have seen few members here installed them onto their CT. The issue I am having is that only one light will turn on when using Auto Function but when manually turn them on, both of them will fire up without any issue. Anyone of you had this issue? Is there anything I can do to rectify this? Thanks for your advice in advance.

· Registered
82 Posts
Is it the same light each time? If the problem switches to the other side if you switch ballast's, then odds are you'll have to get it replaced.

· Premium Member
708 Posts
I just installed a set of HID lights, 35W kit from DDM tuning. I have seen few members here installed them onto their CT. The issue I am having is that only one light will turn on when using Auto Function but when manually turn them on, both of them will fire up without any issue. Anyone of you had this issue? Is there anything I can do to rectify this? Thanks for your advice in advance.
This problem is well documented on this forum. Do a search you will have hours of reading with no definitive solution. Probably not a ballast problem.

Welcome to the club - even owners with "expensive" conversion kits are having this problem.

· Registered
132 Posts
I just bought a pair of kensun brand and my lights turn on just fine in automatic mode. Hopefully there aren't any problems down the road.

· Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the club - even owners with "expensive" conversion kits are having this problem.
Not true. I am one of those so called owners with an "expensive" kit and I haven't had a problem ever with my Auto function.
Classic example of "you get what you pay for"

Not all kits are made the same and now days it is easy to slap a lifetime warranty on your website as most people will not bother and return the cheap kit they spent $50 on and just go buy a better kit. This is one of the oldest Internet sales methods in the book.

· Premium Member
708 Posts
I didn't claim everyone. Factually people with Phillips kits have also reported experiencing this problem. You may not have seen their posts.

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Tell us what HID kit you bought

Not true. I am one of those so called owners with an "expensive" kit and I haven't had a problem ever with my Auto function.
Classic example of "you get what you pay for"

Not all kits are made the same and now days it is easy to slap a lifetime warranty on your website as most people will not bother and return the cheap kit they spent $50 on and just go buy a better kit. This is one of the oldest Internet sales methods in the book.
So what kind of kit do you have and how much did it cost? I am willing to pay more to get rid of the problem. I got the HID kit because everyone on this forum was recommending it; price was not the issue.

· Registered
25 Posts
A buddy of mine know for 10+ years sells HID kits, KitsuiLights - Serving your HID Needs - COMING SOON
He does most of his selling through locally in Chicago, IL. Website doesnt have any info on pricing, but he is willing to sell it for $90 that includes shipping within U.S.

If your interest you can email him [email protected] and mention Ken from this forum sent you.

That's what I have install in my CT200H, it works perfectly fine with auto or manually turning the lights on.

· Premium Member
874 Posts
I think it is finally fixed!

I installed the wiring harness, then put in a capacitive discharge system. Installation went very well as well as progress tests. No falilures since installation. :cool: :cool:

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got mine from DDM Tuning for $50 and is giving me issue with the auto function as I mentioned before. It is always the driver's side, I have swap the ballast around and is still the same. The funny thing is that it will fire up initially for 5 seconds or so and it will goes off but it will work perfectly if switch on manually. Anyway, I have bought a kit from Kensun as evicnifite did and I may get lucky. I didn't mind as I can put my current kit into the fog lights and all is good. Thank you for everyone comments so far.

· Registered
132 Posts
that sucks, having to buy another set, what wattage did you buy and color? also let me know if your getting a blue corona when it fades into the dark.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update: As i mentioned above, I have installed a DDM 35w HID and the driver light will not work with auto function but work normally when turn on manually. After seeing evicfinite post about Kensun HIB kit works with auto function. So I took the plunge and thought I can always use the DDM set for the fog lights. I put the Kensun kit in today and it works perfectly with the auto function as evicfinite described. So if anyone of you that is having HID issues with the auto function, then Kensun HID kit may be your answer.

· Registered
132 Posts
lol that's good to hear, i did a lot of reading regarding which kit would be better in terms of reliability...

· Premium Member
874 Posts
Dumping DDM for Kensun HID

I am dumping DDM HID and just ordered Kensun.

I currently have DDM 55W 6000K, battery relay harness, and 4300 microfarad capactive discharge and it still ocassionally fails sometimes drive, sometimes passenger, sometimes both. Works a lot of the time; but the faliures are disappointing and unacceptable.

Ordered Kensun 35W 4300K ( this color matches the LED driving lights and better matches the Sylvania ultrawhite fogs)

· Registered
116 Posts
ok...i got the capacitor for the my phillips hid kit, i only installed the driver side (one of the capacitor didn't work so getting a new one), anyway...it has been on like a week and i don't have the problem with the auto light anymore...

· Premium Member
874 Posts
No failures with Kensun

No failures with Kensun even in "AUTO" mode. They are Grrrrreeeeeaaaattt!:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.