Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Question

15K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  burstaneurysm 
#1 ·
For those of you with a new CT how is your 'Auto Dimming' rear view (Interior) mirror working. I'm noticing little if any difference when it's on (green light on) from when it's off (No light). Not sure, but I'm sure my Highlander provided me considerably more dimming and less blinding by cars behind coming up and I could see a noticable change from off to on.

Maybe it's the ride height difference, but I was surprised when I picked it up Tuesday as we have about an hour drive to our dealer (closest one too).

#2 ·
Similar concerns here. The coating on the side mirrors, is much more noticeable and effective imo.

Though for me, I have not driven much with it at night, so far. Will do some night driving this weekend.

The auto dimming mirrors was a major criteria for me so now I am eager to test the main rear-view mirror.

Sorry for the stupid question but when you took delivery and drove home was it dark by then?

#3 ·
Similar concerns here. The coating on the side mirrors, is much more noticeable and effective imo.

Though for me, I have not driven much with it at night, so far. Will do some night driving this weekend.

The auto dimming mirrors was a major criteria for me so now I am eager to test the main rear-view mirror.

Sorry for the stupid question but when you took delivery and drove home was it dark by then?
No, it was daylight and I noticed it later that evening when I took it over to show a friend.

I drove the wife's Prius last evening to see how hers acted and it seems similiar, very little if any change. In contrast, my Highlander Hybrid the rear view mirror there was a noticable difference between on and off. Will try it again this evening, dealer wants me to come back (80 miles away) and if this is how they work I don't want to waste a trip, or their time as I can live with it till my 5k check.

#5 ·
I'm not very sensitive to light so the dimming effect is sufficient for my purposes. That said, I toggled the switch on and off and couldn't notice much of a difference. It's also pretty clear that some amount of dimming does take place whether the green light is on or off. It's not like it just isn't working at all.

#14 ·
Happy 2012! Reviving an old thread.
Has anyone adjust their rear view mirror sensitivity? Mine seems to not dim at all...

(I only have an auto dimming main rear view mirror, not side mirrors).

#17 ·
I have the NAV, and my mirrow shows the compass heading as well.

#22 ·
Are you sure the auto dim is enabled?
Also, dangerously defective is a little dramatic. I'd imagine 80+% of cars on the road don't have an auto dim feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.